Harmony One Remote

harveymt

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
I just got this remote and have set up the basics ok. What Im wondering is this. The touchscreen butttons at the top. There are 6 of them. I want to leave the top four as the colured buttons. The bottom two I want to use for channels. I watch mostly sport and news. Can I set these two bottom two buttons to take me to a new page of buttons from which I can select the channels I want. For instance I would create a sport button which when pushed would take me to a new page from which I could select any of the sport channels I had programmed. If this is possible, how is it done? Or do I have to create a button for each channel and scroll through the pages to get to it?

Many thanks.

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
No can't set the bottom 2 to take you another page , Maybe you want to setup a Watch Sports activity & Watch News etc with the respective channels. Note you can only have 24 favourites per activity. get all the icons you need here

I have watch Movies, Watch Kids etc. as wife prefers icons to selecting via online guide.

harveymt

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
I've played about a bit and worked that out. I never watch non-movie tv with the amp on so I'll have to choose 24 favourite stations to keep it under one activity. Although I think I may go over the 24 channels so I'll have to subdivide it and that's messy to my anal way of thinking! I will set up a watch movie activity for teh Sky Movie channels as I would use the amp for them.

Tell me this, what have you set your watch TV activity for when asked 'What input or channel does your box need to be on? It recommends TV. There is also Sky and Source Input is missing. I dont really understand what they're asking here so I can't answer it!

Cheers.

harveymt

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
It's gets addictive messing around with the remote.

Another quick question. I have divided Sky up into three categories. Watch My Channels, Watch Movies and Watch Other Channels for the missus' favs. To flick between the three it takes a minute as it goes through the process of switching on the TV and sky every time. Is there any way around this? Could I set up a Switch on TV activity and then the other activities which wouldnt switch anything on or off but just had the favourites?

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
The Sky box doesn't have to be on any input, so just ignore it if that is what is being asked.

I have various Sky Activities setup for my channels, kids channels etc. and there shouldn't be any delay. The remote should remember which kit is on and act accordingly e.g. If I start the activity (from off) to watch My channels, it will turn the Amps, TV, HDMI Switch, Sky box on and select the relevant inputs. If I then select 'Watch Kids TV', it will simply bring up the Kids TV menu with favourites icons. No equipment is turned on or off or any inputs adjusted. Are you turning everything off in between or are you simply activating the new activity?

I must admit though, I rarely use the icons now. I have shortcuts (sequences) created to go to the HD channels menu, planner and so on. I also created sequences for signal test, installers menu and one for the PIN to save me punching in 4 numbers!! (Lazy I know).

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Yes make sure you dont control via device menu or original remote as that throws the smart technology for keeping track.

I have my V+ box set to on all the time as power saving whe its on standby is apparently negligible, Similar with my TV as I just power that on/off when needed. Have also set up a sequence for PIN and havelogged a request (nothing will probably happen) with Logitech if they could load an Icon for PIN into customise buttons would look a bit nicer than just text. It does get a bit addictive , Harmony is replacing a Philips Pronto (screen starting to fade) and I was forever tweaking it and doing different things.

harveymt

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
Just a quick note of a problem I had with this in case it ever pops up for anyone else. I had set a few new activities and added favourite channels but when I went to update remote I got a 'unable to display content' error message. I tried a number of things suggested by trouble shooter and logitech web site but eventually figured out that one of my activites had an apostrophe in it. I changed Mike's Channels to Mikes Channels and it updated fine. The devil's in the detail!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts