Chinese clones which one to choose?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Revolutions

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site
@Revolutions .... that doesn't answer my question though.

He may have bid on the one in his link 1st, found something he prefers and doesn't now want to end up as the highest bid on the 1st one .... motivation to "advertise it" hoping someone else may enter a higher bid.
It's not hit the reserve so won't sell at that price. You can also retract bids on ebay if there's more than 12 hours remaining on an auction.

Reactions: Jasonovich

Witterings

It's not hit the reserve so won't sell at that price. You can also retract bids on ebay if there's more than 12 hours remaining on an auction.

You know what ... I never knew that so have learnt something ... is that also the case if you're the highest bidder and it's over the reserve?

I missed that the reserve hadn't been met with the highest bid as that kind makes my query irrelevant anyway.

Reactions: Revolutions

Revolutions

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site
You know what ... I never knew that so have learnt something ... is that also the case if you're the highest bidder and it's over the reserve?

I missed that the reserve hadn't been met with the highest bid as that kind makes my query irrelevant anyway.
Yep, you can retract any bid on eBay if more than 12 hours to go. If you google it you’ll find the page where you can do it- have to set reason as ‘entered the wrong amount’.

It’s something I to keep out of mind. I think it’s much better for the soul to only bid when serious & my self-control is terrible 😂

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
@Revolutions .... that doesn't answer my question though.

He may have bid on the one in his link 1st, found something he prefers and doesn't now want to end up as the highest bid on the 1st one .... motivation to "advertise it" hoping someone else may enter a higher bid.
Hahaha my God that is cynical, why would I do that? Just sharing the love, from the goodness of my 'eart :)

Reactions: Revolutions

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
I was riding high with the NAIM Nait 5Si auction and then I came across this review - below and, also you really need to use NAIMs own cable to get the best out of it, so I said, foo eeek it, and slammed on the brakes on the auction and somebody else walked off with it for £430 + postage wasn't bad.

I was determined to buy a quality integrated amp but it wasn't going to be NAIM. I came across ATOLL IN100SE 100 watt amplifier dual transformer for £800, a lot more than I planned to pay but PayPal offered 3 installments interest free. This helped to lessen the buyers remorse :)

I also considered the Primare I30 integrated amplifier £695 but it was silver and the Hegel H95 Integrated Amplifier (black) but I wasn't prepared to pay £1,295, PayPal three installments would have softened it a bit but was it really better than the Atoll IN100SE, don't think so? So that was the decider. Popularity of a product does inflate the price so that is why I went with the Atoll.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eWtLJNZfIg&t=41s

Last edited:

Roog

May 20, 2016
Visit site
Judging by what I have read about the current round of Ayima and Fossi audio integrated amps I would buy one of those rather than a copy of an ancient design taken from an RCA design suggestions booklet intended to sell those new fangled transistors!

Reactions: DougK1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts