got me a nad c326bee [:P] but need help.....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
[:p] picked up my nad earlier , along with a MA BRW-10 sub , got my br5s connected to the nad , got the nad connected to my yamaha rxv765s pre outs , all is working fine on the home cinema side of things , the br5s are working fine through the nad via the yam..

but i cant seem to get the nad involved with music , ie cds , ive tried to play a cd on my sony bdp s363 connected with rca phono plugs , but it seems hdmi out takes preferance , i disconnected the hdmi but still no sound through the nad , so i hooked up a sony dvd player , again using phonos , but still nothing through the nad [:S]

any ideas anyone ? its probably something simple , ive tried changing the audio out preferance on the bluray player but to no avail ?ta..

A

Anonymous

i think so , ive pressed cd , amp etc on the nad , and upped the volume , but nothing
emotion-6.gif

kevinJ

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
Or did you have to remove the "bridges" that connect the nad's pre-amp with the poweramp to be able to connect the yamaha?

kevinJ

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
Or did you remove the "bridges" that connect the nad's pre-amp to the poweramp so you could connect it to the yamaha's pre-out?

A

Anonymous

no , i dont think so , its hard to know as there is no display on the nad ..

cd player coming soon by the way , but i had assumed either sony , dvd or bluray player would work fine till then ..

daveh75

maxflinn:
cd player coming soon by the way , but i had assumed either sony , dvd or bluray player would work fine till then ..

You should be able to!

How have you connected the Yamaha to the NAD,what inputs have you used?

What inputs are you connecting the BDP/DVD to on the NAD ?

A

Anonymous

i removed two small twin pinned things , i had to , so i could connect the nad to the yam , i think ..

A

Anonymous

daveh75:maxflinn:

You should be able to!

How have you connected the Yamaha to the NAD,what inputs have you used?

What inputs are you connecting the BDP/DVD to on the NAD ?

audio out , red to red , white to white , with phono cables , to the rear of the amp where it says cd in ..

A

Anonymous

daveh75:Aha, so you've removed the bridges and connected the Yamaha to the "Main In" inputs of the NAD. That's your problem,doing that completely by-passes the pre-amp section of the NAD!
so should the dvd player be connected to what the yam is currently connected to and visa versa ? home cinema works while connected as is ?

matthewpiano

NO!!!!!

Don't do that. You'll have no volume control and your speakers won't last 5 minutes.

Put the links back in on the NAD and connect the Yamaha to the TAPE IN of the NAD instead. Then connect the audio outputs from the Blu-Ray player into the CD input on the NAD. Switch to TAPE on the NAD when you want to use it with the surround sound, or switch it to CD when you want to play your music.

daveh75

No...

You need to replace the bridges, then connect the Pre-outs of the Yamaha to a spare input of the NAD (AUX for example).

Then select a memorable volume level on the NAD, say 12 o' clock, re-run the speaker calibration of the Yamaha, Then whenever you want to watch movies you select the input you selected (AUX) and set the volume on the NAD to 12 o'clock, the overall volume will be controlled by the Yamaha.

Connect your BDP/DVD to another input on the NAD, you then select that input when you want to listen to music.

Hope that makes sense...

A

Anonymous

matthewpiano:NO!!!!!

Don't do that. You'll have no volume control and your speakers won't last 5 minutes.

Put the links back in on the NAD and connect the Yamaha to the TAPE IN of the NAD instead. Then connect the audio outputs from the Blu-Ray player into the CD input on the NAD. Switch to TAPE on the NAD when you want to use it with the surround sound, or switch it to CD when you want to play your music.ta mathew , done exactly what you said , still no sound
emotion-9.gif

A

Anonymous

daveh75:
No...

You need to replace the bridges, then connect the Pre-outs of the Yamaha to a spare input of the NAD (AUX for example).

Then select a memorable volume level on the NAD, say 12 o' clock, re-run the speaker calibration of the Yamaha, Then whenever you want to watch movies you select the input you selected (AUX) and set the volume on the NAD to 12 o'clock, the overall volume will be controlled by the Yamaha.

Connect your BDP/DVD to another input on the NAD, you then select that input when you want to listen to music.

Hope that makes sense...

this may take a while .. cheers daveh ..

A

Anonymous

daveh75:
No...

Hope that makes sense...

ok , yam to aux in on the nad , bluray player to cd in on the nad , using phonos , will try a yam recalibration now..

replaced on of the bridges , the other one was in the ports now being used by the bluray player , fingers crossed ..

matthewpiano

HOLD ON!!

Those bridges should BOTH be in place. The PRE-OUT L should connect to the MAIN IN L and the PRE-OUT R should connect to the MAIN IN R. They should not be used in ANY other place on the amplifier.

A

Anonymous

matthewpiano:HOLD ON!!

Those bridges should BOTH be in place. The PRE-OUT L should connect to the MAIN IN L and the PRE-OUT R should connect to the MAIN IN R. They should not be used in ANY other place on the amplifier.well ive tried davehs way , the speakers are not being recognised while auto setting up ..

ive now got both bridges back in , and the yam connected to main in on the nad , so where should the sony be connected ? thanks for your patience guys
emotion-21.gif

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
bridges on (pre out-main in)

yamaha audio out - cd on the NAD.

yamaha front (on the preout on the right of the yamaha) to aux on the nad

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts