Good looking new products

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
We are blessed these days with so much new, interesting and good looking products.

Kudos to MF (I am generally not a fan of the brand) for the launch of its gorgeous looking combination of Turntable, Amplifier and Speakers.

Not just because of its looks but also for the inclusion of a vinyl replay system. Another Manufacturer realising the format is getting more popular.

Other niceties include a digital amplifier with a variety of inputs and lovely shaped speakers with a single drive unit/BMR radiator.

No idea how it sounds (although it reviews very well in this months HifiChoice) but it just stood out for me so I mentioned it :)

Happy weekend everyone x

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Gratulations also to Devialet for its Phantom.

How the brand managed to make something look like an albino dog poo after their otherwise gorgeous amplifiers is a mistery to me.

Still, its different and all the better for it.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Samsung 65JS9000, very sexy looking with that brushed chrome finish.

234298635alt3

Ummmh, shiny............

Can I just say I find the Merlin 1 to be refreshingly different too, love the ADC function but would also have been nice to see a MC phono stage built in although, perhaps, that would have pushed the retail price above the 'acceptable' barrier.

Waxy

May 15, 2014
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
New Pathos Remix Classic

That looks hideous. What is it about overpriced hifi foo that the designers always seem to feel the need to make them as blingy and ugly as possible. That Pathos looks almost as bad as this:

WTF is that?!

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site

Jota180

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Acoustic Energy speakers have a nice proportioned look to them. Devialets amps look the business and they could have ruined it with a crappy remote, instead their remote is the icing on a very nice cake.

I also like the Marantz higher end stuff.

Gq9D5lu.jpg

steve_1979 said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
New Pathos Remix Classic

That looks hideous. What is it about overpriced hifi foo that the designers always seem to feel the need to make them as blingy and ugly as possible. That Pathos looks almost as bad as this:

Ummmh, shiny!

You could always hide it away in a cupboard Steve, but somehow I don't think that is why most people buy D'Agostino's. :)

I wouldn't throw it out if anyones getting rid of one.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Cadence Avita (HifiChoice April 2015)

35kg's of speaker, mating an electrostatic tweeter to a great looking bass/mid driver and cabinet (imho).

Not expensive in the greater scheme of things either ...

michael hoy

Jota180 said:
Acoustic Energy speakers have a nice proportioned look to them. Devialets amps look the business and they could have ruined it with a crappy remote, instead their remote is the icing on a very nice cake.

I also like the Marantz higher end stuff.

Like the Marantz styling myself.

Gq9D5lu.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts