Good looking new products

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
drummerman said:
Cadence Avita (HifiChoice April 2015)

35kg's of speaker, mating an electrostatic tweeter to a great looking bass/mid driver and cabinet (imho).

Not expensive in the greater scheme of things either ...

I'm with you ther I always liked the look of their bigger brothers the Arca.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
anlage_2.jpg

Evince_side_r.jpg

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Do you guys prefer speakers looking like furniture or looking like art, in money-no-object situation?

Good design is always a good thing, but for me form should also follow function, even if money is no object. Which is why I'm not entirely sold on the butterflies. YMMV.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
matt49 said:
Vladimir said:
Do you guys prefer speakers looking like furniture or looking like art, in money-no-object situation?

Good design is always a good thing, but for me form should also follow function, even if money is no object. Which is why I'm not entirely sold on the butterflies. YMMV.

How can you tell their structure serves no function and are simply mimicking butterflies?

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Vladimir said:
matt49 said:
Vladimir said:

How can you tell their structure serves no function and are simply mimicking butterflies?

The 'wings' look like the may be a sort of horn/wave guide type thing.

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Vladimir said:
matt49 said:
Vladimir said:

I didn't say that. The structure may serve some function, but I find it hard to believe that the function really dictates that exact butterfly shape. I'd prefer a more abstract design, something that didn't remind me of effing butterflies.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
matt49 said:
Vladimir said:
matt49 said:
Vladimir said:

I didn't say that. The structure may serve some function, but I find it hard to believe that the function really dictates that exact butterfly shape. I'd prefer a more abstract design, something that didn't remind me of effing butterflies.

What does the Vivid Audio port hole remind you of?

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Vladimir said:
matt49 said:
Vladimir said:
matt49 said:
Vladimir said:

What does the Vivid Audio port hole remind you of?

Nothing in particular. It isn't representational.

EDIT: I did first post a rude answer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts