Good Amplifier to Drive BW683 Speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello all,

I just listened to a NAD372 amplifier coupled with a NAD C542 CD player and a sublime pair of BW683s. I went into the shop wanting to love this setup (great reviews etc...) and walked away with disappointment at the C372. The amplifier lacks clarity/detail. The sound whilst round and well developed just lacked that oomph. The bass was slightly marshmallow (you know, spilling over the edges and not tight and concise), the midrange just plainly lacked detail. I suppose all in all dull. I tried a Rotel (can't remember which one) but the sound was just too forward (lacked a bit of warmth and too in your face). What I am after is an amp that just sits perfectly in that middle ground (for my ear) between the "up front" of the Rotel and "listening at the bottom of a swimming pool" sound of the NAD C372. You know, something that will handle a Hammond Organ sound or over saturated bass of U2s mysterious ways but still bring to me to tears whilst listening to Lakhme but just carry that great baseline in Massive Attacks safe from harm.

Have I rambled enough and can someone give any kind of top tips to this hifi debutante.

Cheers,

Major Tom

Darth Vinyl

Jun 19, 2006
Visit site
Hi..............

Being in a similar dilemma with the whole amplifier issue I thought I'd pass this on. The Naim amplifier range is highly recommended and I have also heard some of there equipment at the Northern 2007 Hi-Fi Show.....VERY NICE INDEED! The Naim Nait 5i may be worth a look at if your looking for an integrated amp or if money is no object then stretch to NAC122x/NAP150x pre/power amp combination.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts