First Surround Sound System! Really need some advice please!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I am currently looking at getting my first surround sound system with a budget of about £500. My dilemma is that i don't know whether to go for seperates or an all-in-one system.

Currently, i've got a Sony KDL-40HX703 Bravia TV and a PS3 which i use to watch Blu-Rays. The room also isn't very large.

A few people i have spoken to have advised me that seperates are the way to go, but i don't know if it is worth it as the only thing i will be connecting to the amp is the PS3.

The 2 options i have been considering are -

All-In-One - Sony BDV-E870 Blu-Ray Home Cinema System (then i can put the PS3 in another room in the house)

Seperates - Sony STR-DH800 Amp, with Canton Movie 80CX Speaker Package.

Like i say, this is my first attempt at surround sound and know very little about it, so any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

audiowizard

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi there, I had an all in one system for years before the PS3 came out, then after the PS3 came out I decided to go for seperates, which I have no regrets whatsoever. I run my PS3 and blu ray player through a Sony STR-DG820, the model before the STR-DH800, and my speakers are Q Acoustics 1010i, I think they can be had for as little as £300 now, very good sound from them. If you have never heard Tru Hd sound before or dts master audio through a descent amp and set of speakers, you will be highly impressed. Id recommend the amp you said, the STR-DH800, and possibly the Q Acoustics 1010i, or maybe even a set of Jamos.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts