Building a vinyl system around some KEF LS50 speakers (wired) – advice sought.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
Technics 1500c and above do 78rpm with no fuss just a button press (well 2 at the same time) get what ever stylus you like. I quite like nag. Currently have the 150mp. couldn't recommend a mono stylus i have no desire to use one so no experiance.

Amps id look at musical fidelity, sugden if you fancy the class A sound and if you must have valves prima luna
though not sure how much they are these days. All should drive the ls50 to room-filling levels.

Naims newly released limited run Nait looks to be very good also. And can pretty much drive anything looking that spec sheet. And a true investment piece which is rare in hifi circles.

but in the 1500-2.5k there are plenty to choose from.

Technics 1500c and above do 78rpm with no fuss just a button press (well 2 at the same time) get what ever stylus you like. I quite like nag. Currently have the 150mp. couldn't recommend a mono stylus i have no desire to use one so no experiance.

Amps id look at musical fidelity, sugden if you fancy the class A sound and if you must have valves prima luna
though not sure how much they are these days. All should drive the ls50 to room-filling levels.

Naims newly released limited run Nait looks to be very good also. And can pretty much drive anything looking that spec sheet. And a true investment piece which is rare in hifi circles.

but in the 1500-2.5k there are plenty to choose from.
£2500 would get you the basic Prima Luna EVO 100 amp if indeed valves were required, it only outputs 40wpc but should be sufficient. Note: an external phono preamp would also need to be purchased.

skinnypuppy71

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
Well he did say up to £2500 on each so it leaves a bit for the cartridge.
I'd be on that like a shot if I intended to by with that sort of budget.
Avid turntables are very, very good.
Same here....I'd need to sell some of my other gear though....and I can't really be bothered atm..lol....but that Volvere is probably a end game tt for me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts