Excite 32 vs Studio 140mk2

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had heard these two speakers together and let me know their views.

I am looking to partner with a Caspian M2, have heard the Proac 140's and really like them but struggling to find people near who stock both or have Dynaudio and Roksan.

I like a lot of bass, attack ,good seperation, listen mainly to older rock, reggae, soul, little jazz.The Proac's met most of my criteria but don't want to leave a stone unturned.

Have listened to many speakers in my quest and thanks to those for their previous recommendations, much appreciated, I have learnt a lot.

Thanks

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I have not heard them in comparision but heard them seperately.. Dynaudio Excite X32 is a bit of disappointment to me personally.. their base levels are much lower when compared to the Excite X36. However the Proacs are more sweeter but fuller in nature. I would go for the Proacs.. but you can guess that from my signature ;)

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
What WishTree said. I personally preferred the Excite standmounts to the floorstanders. The floortsanders just sounded totally imbalanced and loose, whereas the standmounts were tighter, punchier, and sounded like a good speaker.

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for both your comments, I am pretty sure this is the way I'm going, since I heard the Proac's I really think they are the ones for me.

I also listened to the D 18's with the Caspian which were fabulous, but I think I will be looking at the 140's,I will let you know

Helmut80

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I have heard both of these but not compared the side by side. My taste in music is also somewhat similar to yours, (hiphop, reggae, 60s/70s funk and soul, a bit of jazz) and they were both on my shortlist.

I prefer the looks of the Dynaudios if that is something you take into consideration, but the Proacs were the best I heard in that price range, and beyond actually (preferred them to PMC FB1i and Response D18). The are just a very good allround speaker, sound good with everything IMO and I found them more involving than the D18s.

The Dynaudios have good bass, but they just sounded a bit to sterile to me, if that makes any sense. And the Proacs are less fussy about placement if that is a concern.

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi Helmut,

Very interested in your comments, read your previous thread and seem to have gone through a very similar journey, I heard the excite 32's again but not with my amp and they didn't have the same qualities as the Proac's, but may be able to get a comparison with both on a demo next week .

I may have one last demo against the D 18's but I think the lower volumes I tend to often listen to will be more suited to the 140's.

Out of interest which speakers did you eventually go for, was it the 140's if so how are you enjoying them ?

Thanks again for your information , very useful.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts