Excellent Sonos service

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've had a Sonos CR200 remote for about 6 months. It developed a fault overnight. The upper right quarter of the touchscreen stopped responding to inputs. Sent Sonos an email and promptly received a reply explaining how to return it to them. They're sending me a new unit. I can send the faulty unit back when the new one arrives. Everything free of charge.

That's how it should be done. No hassle with the retailer, no waiting until I get a replacement, and no shipping costs for me. I imagine this streamlined operation could actually cut Sonos RMA costs, and it should be good for their reputation. Kudos.

A

Anonymous

I am impressed by the Sonos S5, although I've had it only for 3 days!!

A

Anonymous

Clare, I saw that as well!

I have an S5, and want to extend my sonos, by buying a ZP120. Any suggestions for decent pair of speakers? B&W XT2, Linn Komponent 110, Linn Majik 109 or PMC DBi (dont like their looks)

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
duff2010:I need some advice regards speaker matcing with the Sonos ZP 120. The ones I have been looking at are:
B&W XT2, Linn Majik 109, Bose 301, or any other options?

you don't mention a budget but the ZP120 is pretty flexible as far as speakers go. I wouldn't be spending a fortune though.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
KevinOK:I've had a Sonos CR200 remote for about 6 months. It developed a fault overnight. The upper right quarter of the touchscreen stopped responding to inputs. Sent Sonos an email and promptly received a reply explaining how to return it to them. They're sending me a new unit. I can send the faulty unit back when the new one arrives. Everything free of charge.
That's how it should be done. No hassle with the retailer, no waiting until I get a replacement, and no shipping costs for me. I imagine this streamlined operation could actually cut Sonos RMA costs, and it should be good for their reputation. Kudos.

This is now a known issue on a seemingly quite large batch of CR200s, which is why Sonos are responding to it so efficiently, they know there's no real alternatives so they're sorting it out, I believe when the first occurances, errr, occurred, they took a little longer, simply because they didn't know what the problem was but as you say, now they're sorting everyone out pretty quickly.

A

Anonymous

the_lhc:duff2010:I need some advice regards speaker matcing with the Sonos ZP 120. The ones I have been looking at are:
B&W XT2, Linn Majik 109, Bose 301, or any other options?

you don't mention a budget but the ZP120 is pretty flexible as far as speakers go. I wouldn't be spending a fortune though.

I would like to stick to < 500GBP

A

Anonymous

the_lhc:

This is now a known issue on a seemingly quite large batch of CR200s, which is why Sonos are responding to it so efficiently, they know there's no real alternatives so they're sorting it out, I believe when the first occurances, errr, occurred, they took a little longer, simply because they didn't know what the problem was but as you say, now they're sorting everyone out pretty quickly.

Interesting. I did not know that. Sure hope they fixed it in later batches. This service is topnotch though. Plenty of other brands choose to deny or simply ignore problems and let you work it out with the retailer who may or may not help you, and usually charge for repairs and shipping.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts