Elbow : One day like this, my guilty pleasure

kevin7.1

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Good Morning!!!

I have decided to purchase the Elbow track One Day Like This to have as one my test tracks. I am listening to it now on spotify on my phone while i see out the end of my night shift. I love it, it just grabs me and makes me feel good, the violins are beautiful and i think would make for a good test of a system. I listen to urban music, R&b, Hip Hop, bassline d&b and bashment etc etc so this track is a guilty pleasure for me. Its going in a guilty pleasure playlist on spotify with Hot Chip's One Life Stand and Cannonball by Little Mix!! ( I don't care they can sing lol ).

Kevin.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Why is it a guilty pleasure? It's a superb track off an equally magnificent album. Don't stop at just this track, buy the whole album is my advice.

kevin7.1

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
DIB i think you might be right, i have just discovered the live from london album as well. I am back in work now very tired after getting not much sleep today.I think Elbow suits my sleepy, relaxed listening mode. Still a guilty pleasure as its so far removed from any other cd i have ever bought.

This is why i love spotify so much with a little encoragement i have gone from wanting to purchase a single cd to two albums. Broadening my musical horizons in the process.

Hot chip are a bit hit and miss so i think they will stay on the playlist!! thanks for the input Guys!!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
kevin7.1 said:
DIB i think you might be right, i have just discovered the live from london album as well.

If that's the Abbey Road recording the BBC showed then you're probably better off sticking with the original album, I don't what they did in the down-mix from 5.1 to stereo but it utterly ruined the sound quality.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
mcjwalters said:
It's from a great album and, dare I say it this track is pop at it's most perfect....

I also have just come across Hot Chip and am enjoying One Life Stand.

Hot Chip's The Warning is a storming record, if a little raw.

kevin7.1

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Lhc the live from london album only seems to be available as a download i think its different session to the abbey road version of the album, The Abbey Road version comes with a dvd as well a bit pricey though in my opinion at the moment as i would want to get it to watch the live performance so i think i will stick to the normal album for now.

kevin7.1

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
mcjwalters said:
It's from a great album and, dare I say it this track is pop at it's most perfect....

I also have just come across Hot Chip and am enjoying One Life Stand.

I know what you mean. Its so well put together. Perfect is a good word. I think that is why i like it so much

Sliced Bread

The_Lhc said:
kevin7.1 said:
DIB i think you might be right, i have just discovered the live from london album as well.

If that's the Abbey Road recording the BBC showed then you're probably better off sticking with the original album, I don't what they did in the down-mix from 5.1 to stereo but it utterly ruined the sound quality.

Yes. It's such a shame as its such a good performance, which sounded great on broadcast.

I think I still prefer tge Abbey Road version though. To me it is musically better than the original, even though the stereo sound quality is a let down.

Oddly it still sounds good through my shure headphones and ipod though.

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
I too was very disappointed by the Abbey Road version. It was one of my most anticipated albums, but within seconds of putting it on I thought it just wasn't right.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts