EB Acoustics EB2

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:
(no built-in wireless, you can leave that to the Aktimate Maxis which come out shortly)

Reviewed in the March issue (o/s February 8th), in fact (he said, helpfully moving the thread off-topic again).

John Duncan

Simon Lucas:
JohnDuncan:
(no built-in wireless, you can leave that to the Aktimate Maxis which come out shortly)

Reviewed in the March issue (o/s February 8th), in fact (he said, helpfully moving the thread off-topic again).

And very sexy in red.

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Simon Lucas:
JohnDuncan:

And very sexy in red.

Thanks, but it's more of a cerise I'm in today.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
EB Ricky:.....I'll just get Arcaydis to build it.

Ah right. If you are associated with Arcaydis then that invalidates my suggestion earlier of ....

"Sealed enclosure, two-way, compact monitors. A 21st century LS3/5A with some decent bass this time. For people who can't stretch to £1350 for Spendor SA1 or Harbeth P3ESR."

...because Arcaydis already make these in the shape of their £850 SM35C monitors.

Thanks for the mention of Arcaydis though (whether you are linked with them or not) I had never come across the SM35C's before.

Do you have any idea how they compare to SA1's or Harbeth P3ESR's? (Given they are £500 cheaper.)

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
chebby:Do you have any idea how they compare to SA1's or Harbeth P3ESR's? (Given they are £500 cheaper.)

Somehow I think he's unlikely to say they're rubbish by comparison with those speakers
emotion-5.gif

Richard Allen

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Andrew Everard:

chebby:Do you have any idea how they compare to SA1's or Harbeth P3ESR's? (Given they are £500 cheaper.)

Somehow I think he's unlikely to say they're rubbish by comparison with those speakers
emotion-5.gif

Hello.

These were reviewed in whathifi and achieved 5 stars. Read the review. And they've got bass!!

A

Anonymous

OK.

Looking at the posts so far, I think what you want is a loudspeaker that produces bass, is a closed box design for damping and that can be played close to a wall and no more than 45 cms tall. I'll do the figures. The floorstander will have to be an EB3 at a later date.

A

Anonymous

Just curious, Ricky, as to why you aren't using your Arcaydis brand for the EB1 and the forthcoming EB2?

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
A compact floorstander similar to the neat motive 2's. The obvious thing would be to beat the motive 2's hands down...are hard feat, but then again, one worth trying :)

A

Anonymous

Jimmy Riddle:Just curious, Ricky, as to why you aren't using your Arcaydis brand for the EB1 and the forthcoming EB2?

Politics Jimmy, Politics. This business is full of it!! ( And politics).

A

Anonymous

OK.

EB2 will be a standmont. Measuring about 40.5 cm tall.

It will be infinite baffle or closed box.

We'll see what we get.

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:My turn. Floorstanders please, except it's actually your EB1 stuck on top of a box that makes it look like a floorstander. That box contains power amps, active crossover, a beresford DAC (because it has a volume control in it and I'm sure Stanley would do you a deal for bulk). Each box has its own power input. Connection between the two is one single strand of speaker cable (not coaxial). Power outlet for you to plug an airport express into (… la Audioengine).Dimensions (because these are important) - 90 x 17 x 27 (so basically the EB1 with 60cm of stand underneath it).There you go, a complete stereo where all that's required is an airport express, two power outlets and a length of speaker cable.Oh, and have the cabinets made in China, much cheaper.

Aren't AVI doing this though?

An ADM9 tower with a subwoofer built in to each speaker?

I read it on another forum but cannot post a link due to WHF rules.

T

the record spot

Ooooo big thumbs up for this. Any chance you can either (or both) post some shots of development and build as the project goes by?

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
EB Ricky:

OK.

We'll see what we get.

Finish them in piano black lacquer and I'll take a pair.
emotion-2.gif

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
EB Ricky:

OK.

We'll see what we get.

Seems to have grown slightly. Mind you, who wouldn't take an extra 2 inches it was offered to them?

One for EB Ricky,

As these speakers appear to have been designed based more than a little on the requirements of some people on this forum, can you say if and when a pair are going to be offered to What Hi-Fi for an in-depth review?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
biggus_1961:did we not already have these as a BW 602 S3 a few years back ?

No. The B&Ws were reflex (front ported) designs.

The EB2s have sealed cabinets. (Infinite baffle if you prefer.)

Also the B&Ws had metal tweeters and Kevlar bass drivers. (Soft dome and paper on the EB2s)

The B&Ws were 4 cm taller.

SteveR750

biggus_1961:did we not already have these as a BW 602 S3 a few years back ?

About the only they thing they appear to have in common is their cabinet size! Everything else appears to be almost completely different.

I'd be interested to hear how they compare directly to ATC SCM11 and 19 which I would imagine carry more amortised fixed costs into their designs, but not necessarily contain any more valuable parts or design details.

TRENDING THREADS