Double lengh speaker cable for better sound

gasolin

I hade some money left to spent on a webstore and i decided i want some better speaker cable

The store started this week to sell van den hul, amongst the cables was clearwater, so a topic about clearwater that double it would make it much better, i could just get what i needed to make it double (4x4 meter, only have one set of terminals on my speakers)

Not shure if 1 cable should be minus/plus or the same so only plus or minus goes through the cable, but double lengh for each therminal should make a big difference as it also should with the talk 3 cable

Heard one claim that he preferes double lengh (2 set of clearwater) over Tara Labs Helix 8

Any who has experience with double lengh of cable (2 set's of cable to each terminals)

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I've experienced improved low end with thicker gauge wire, which is same as just runing two pairs together. This with 4 ohm nominal 2x8" floorstanders and lazy 12" ARs, but no real change with other speakers. If you don't have bi-wiring terminals, just go higher in gauge for the same effect.

gasolin

I tested the supra ply 3.4 against the van den hul clearwater (no double) and despite the size difference(3.4 and 2.0 mm) the clearwater has a better bass,a more noticeable bass over a wider range, i can't just use one single/set of thicker cable, there is no thicker supra ply 3.4 or van den hul clearwater

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Vladimir said:
I've experienced improved low end with thicker gauge wire, which is same as just runing two pairs together.

Same here when I recently changed up to 4mm2 cross section Van damme UP-LC-OFC cables and some Van damme 4mm2 'jumpers' in place of the studiply thin bridges that were supplied between the speaker terminals. The bass noticeably improved.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts