Do expensive HDMI cables improve PQ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just been reading pros & cons of expensive ie £60 - £70 hdmi cables over basic ones ie £10 on another forum.

Is it all pure marketing BS? Have also previously read on CNET.com that the basic hdmi cables do exactly the same job.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a cynic, just bought 2 QED hdmi cables yesterday and questioning my own judgment.

Messiah

I think you will certainly get views from those that say there is an improvement and those that say there is not.

Personally, I can see no difference between the lead that came with my Virgin V+ and a £50 QED lead I have.

daveh75

your find much the same answers on here tbh. some say expensive cables make a noticable difference and others firmly believe it utter bs and use cheapy cables. all i'd suggest is try a cheapy cable against your qed's and see what you think .coz you aint gonna get a definitive answer anywhere imo

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
I've just spent £15 on a Philips HDMI cable at Argos, on the basis that as Philips actually make televisions they should know how to make the cable! This is being used with a PS3 and Sony HD LCD television. Obviously, you would expect Sony to know how to make the cable too, but theirs is more expensive.

I've also got an Xbox 360 connected using the HDMI cable that came with it. I've only just got the TV so I can't really pass judgement yet.
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

i have tried hdmi cables from £9.99 from argos, and other hdmi cales up to£99.99 and could not tell the difference on my full hd plasma, tv ,or my friends lcd tv so i would not buy anything over £9.99.

A

Anonymous

Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaa.....

Here we go again!

Simply put, yes! BUT, by such a miniscule fraction that you'd be better off burning the extra cash for fuel.
A cheap, well made cable of 1.3 spec is as good as your eyes will see.

A cable of over 5m? Maybe you should audition a more expensive one first?

Only those that have paid daft money say otherwise, and it is in a vain attempt to justify to themselves that they aren't simple.

TRENDING THREADS