Do all LNBs have a standard fitting to the dish arm ?

bob.g

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I have a 70cm elliptical dish, installed some years ago with a single LNB to receive Freesat from Sky. I now want to purchase a Humax Freesat receiver and wish to upgrade the dish to have a quad LNB.

Do I need to take care about selecting an LNB with the correct fitting, (and if so how do I measure and describe the fixing on my dish) or do they all have a standard size connection to the dish arm ?

daveh75

bob.g said:
I have a 70cm elliptical dish, installed some years ago with a single LNB to receive Freesat from Sky. I now want to purchase a Humax Freesat receiver and wish to upgrade the dish to have a quad LNB.

Sounds like a Raven Gemini? or similar. http://www.raven.co.uk/satellite-products/G-50.htm

In which case it'll have a standard 40mm clamp/LNB bracket.

Do I need to take care about selecting an LNB with the correct fitting, (and if so how do I measure and describe the fixing on my dish) or do they all have a standard size connection to the dish arm ?

Standard type universal LNBs have a 40mm neck (to fit the standard type LNB bracket) though you can also get 'bullet' or 'narrow feed' LNBs that have a 23mm neck, but they're usually supplied with a 23mm to 40mm adapter.

Just avoid the LNBs meant for Sky dishes, as they have a different type of fitting altogether (usually either a spigot/finger type fitting that slides into the feed arm and held in place with a peg or on the latest dishes, a saddle fitting that sits over the feed arm)

bob.g

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. My dish is similar to that pic, but not the same. The rectangular arm has external dimensions of about 30mm x 20 mm.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts