DLP or LCD projector?

Dennis Michos

Jun 24, 2008
Visit site
Infocus 76 or Panasonic PT-AX200E ?
If I understood well, Infocus Projector is DLP and the Panasonic is LCD
Which one is better?
I would like to buy a Full HD projector but the price difference is HUGE.......
I think I will go for a sub 1000 projector and buy a Full HD LCD TV too for the best of both worlds
I am sure I will still have fun with the sub 1000 projector
What do you think? Isn't it better than paying 4000 GBP for a Full HD projector?

Thanks in advance

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Don't get hung up too much on the DLP vs LCD technology - just like plasma and LCD in TVs, it matters more about whether it's a good product (excellent picture processing; superb motion and colour-handling) than its tech spec.

In the case of the specific projectors you mention, the Panasonic is our favourite at that price: in fact the PT-AX200E beats the IN78 in a Group Test in our current, August issue.

Re to spend on a TV plus projector or it all on both.... All depends on a) your source b) how far you're sitting from your screen c) what size and type of projector screen you play to buy and, crucially, d) the room conditions (full blackout? Just the curtains drawn?).

Dennis Michos

Jun 24, 2008
Visit site
Clare, Thank you for the answer
Sure, I have the August issue. I just forgot about that Group Test. I will read again the article.
As regards TV plus Projector: I am sitting almost 4m from the screen. Not very familiar with size of projector screens but there is a big space there so I can use as big as I can without loosing resolution. It is not full blackout but it is in the basement with small windows which can be somehow been darkened but still some light will come from the stairs (which go down to the basement).
The source is PS3 and Panasonic DMR EX78. Do you think the projector will not work under these conditions? This is my doubt too. That's why I don't want to buy a very expensive projector but I still love the idea of having a projector so the PT-AX200E would be ok I think to satisfy my film ang gaming hunger :)
With the rest of the money I can buy a 46" or even 50" TV too. Doesn't this sound good?

Dennis Michos

Jun 24, 2008
Visit site
Which screen do you recommend?
80"? Wow. Is the quality good with such big screens? Can you really have sharp colors and good black level? My room will not be complete blackout. Maybe during the night it will be quite dark but during day hours there will be always some light coming from the stairs
I think I need to have some demos from some dealers but it is not always possible here in Greece

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts