Dire Straits - Love over Gold

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Crikey how much better on vinyl is it!

Been listening to a sub-standard CD recording for years

The vinyl is making my hairs stand up on end - loads more detail, drums sound real - blown away by it

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
floyd droid said:
Ha ha , the timing of this thread is mint Chebby. I've just read your reply in the TT section.

Yep. My special pergatory is going to be Ivor Tiefenbrun endlessly playing 'Telegraph Road' on an LP12 with Naim NAP250 bi-amped Linn Saras in a small room....

220px-The_Scream.jpg

spockfish

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
chebby said:
floyd droid said:
Ha ha , the timing of this thread is mint Chebby. I've just read your reply in the TT section.

Yep. My special pergatory is going to be Ivor Tiefenbrun endlessly playing 'Telegraph Road' on an LP12 with Naim NAP250 bi-amped Linn Saras in a small room....

220px-The_Scream.jpg

rofl

spockfish

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
stevebrock said:
Crikey how much better on vinyl is it!

Been listening to a sub-standard CD recording for years

The vinyl is making my hairs stand up on end - loads more detail, drums sound real - blown away by it

I can't listen to it anymore because of the CD. lot's of noise, and no dynamics.

(and on a personal note: I love the dire straits, but there drummer was ..... let's say not as good as Mark K. is on his guitar)

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
chebby said:
floyd droid said:

220px-The_Scream.jpg

Ha ha ha ha :rofl:.

Thats a screamer mate.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Hey Steve , have you been sitting there in slipper staring mode waiting to hear the broken glass in PI. :twisted:

Dum dum dum dum dum tsch dum dum dum.

igloo audio

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
It's the only album that Mark Knofler never seems to mention in his interviews. I think I remember him saying it was over produced or something, which became a pet hate in later years. Personally, I think it's a great album :rockout:

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
spockfish said:
stevebrock said:
are you saying the CD is better than the VINYL Spockfish?

no other way around. i don't have the vinyl, but the cd is crap. so reading your post makes me considering buying it on vinyl :)

ok that good then, the CD is really quiet, poor dymanics etc but the vinyl is louder than the CD and imho sounds excellent

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
The early cds had high DR around 18 which is about the same as the LPs. Many people suggest this album when asked about best recorded cds and its used by many dealers as demos.

Supreme

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Dire Straights and Yes - 'Owner of a lonely heart' were hot favs for the hi-fi dealers in the 80's from what I can remember.

Both truly bloody awful ;)

John Duncan

Supreme said:
Dire Straights and Yes - 'Owner of a lonely heart' were hot favs for the hi-fi dealers in the 80's from what I can remember.

Now I'm not having that. IMO (obv) 90125 is the best prog rock album (for some value of 'prog') ever.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
John Duncan said:
Supreme said:

Now I'm not having that. IMO (obv) 90125 is the best prog rock album (for some value of 'prog') ever.

Really, would not even get into my top 3 Yes albums, Prog rock was over by about 1978.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts