Digital coaxial cable length and type

Dorking Bob

Jan 31, 2008
Visit site
I am looking for some advice I have all my music stored as wav files on a pc that is approximately 11 metres cable length from my hifi system. My system includes the Beresford TC7520 dac connected to an AVI Laboratory Series integrated amp. The dac is great as is the amp. At present I have an 11 metre Avopro digital coaxial cable linking the pc to the dac. However I wonder if I can improve things and my questions are:-

1) Does the 11 metre distance mean I will always loose some quality or will a better quality cable make a difference?

2) Can anyone suggest a suitable cable that would definitely give an improvement

There is a school of thought that a digital signal is either there or not so providing it is there cable type will not improve things. I look forward to hearing some thoughts and suggestions.

Cheers

Bob

A

Anonymous

I have read that for longer runs such as yours, optical digital is more reliable than electrical digital (coax). I think that optical digital transmission is far less prone to corruption/degradation; hence its use for cableTV installation by Virgin/ntl etc.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts