The Album of the Day

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
You get mail on a Sunday? I don't even get mail on a Saturday!
Well it should have arrived on Saturday but for some unknown reason when the package left royal Mail's super hub in the Midlands it ended up in Blackpool instead of my local sorting office. Because of the routing error I wasn't expecting it until next week.

Rodolfo

Jul 31, 2023
Visit site
Have to agree with that. My Pathos DAC/headphone amp is good at exposing poor recordings, which always seems to me to be the downside of better kit.
I don't see it as a downside... they're "good at" it. We learn more about recording. recordings, and using them is optional. I wouldn't want to not be able to see my wrinkles.

Rodolfo

Jul 31, 2023
Visit site
That's the irony.
I wish all of my music had been recorded (properly) with the best of today's tech.

I'll second that (y)
Yet, there were great recordings since vinyl and tape days, and I don't need to compare quality, just identify and appreciate them. Moreover, there are plenty of poor modern recordings, because it's not just about yesterday's and/vs. today's tech; and there's a lot of easy and cheap access to all sorts of modern recording "tech" -not to mention, modern types being satisfied with youtubing their favorites, and that being a primary production means, and the primary "music-appreciation" method. Quality has actually become more optional in modern music times, even if the recording floor was lower, and its ceiling is higher.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS