The Album of the Day

Gray

...there isn't much modern chart music I listen to anyway.
You're not alone in that.

Back when I used to listen to radio 1, I always disliked hearing the 'Revive 45' jingle, as it meant they were going to play old stuff.

But, I've seen quite a few (dare I say, enlightened) 25ish year olds' comments on YouTube, really praising older music....saying how much they wish they'd been around in past times.
That's something I never said when I was their age....but I can't say that I'm surprised that's how plenty seem to feel now.
(No wonder they ain't too bothered about hi-fi sound).

Of course I'm not saying that all older music was better than now - there's severe rubbish from every decade.
But it must (surely?) be fair to say that the best of the past, beats the best from recent years.

Reactions: DougK1

Friesiansam

there isn't much modern chart music I listen to anyway.

You're not alone in that.
Me too, never been one for much in the way of mainstream chart music and, even less so now as I approach 60 this year.

In 40 years time, today's teenagers will think, the then current, chart music is crap...
But, I've seen quite a few (dare I say, enlightened) 25ish year olds' comments on YouTube, really praising older music....saying how much they wish they'd been around in past times.
With all the technical advances that have been and, continue to be made, plus the ease of access to good quality sources, there has never been a better time to listen to music.

Reactions: Gray

DougK1

Jan 4, 2024
Visit site
With all the technical advances that have been and, continue to be made, plus the ease of access to good quality sources, there has never been a better time to listen to music.
Brilliant technical advances true, but I really think we have gone backwards regarding good music content and dodgy recording practices.

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS