Denon DCD-720AE vs DCD-1510AE

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know if there is a lot of difference in sound quality between the Denon DCD-720 and DCD-1510? I know the DCD-1510 can also play SACD but i am only interested in the CD performance.

matthewpiano

I used to have the DCD1500AE and always regretted selling it (and the matching amp), but I couldn't possibly make any meaningful comparison between that and the 720AE I have now because too much time has elapsed. All I can tell you is that the DCD720AE is a stunning player and I use it in preference to a Roksan Kandy K2 CDS. The 1510AE would have to be pretty jaw dropping to make the very significant price difference worthwhile IMO. Having said that, if I could afford to I would buy the new PMA1520AE and DCD1520AE in a heartbeat, due to the performance of the amp and the overall feel of a 1500 series set-up. I love Denon kit. Lovely design, a pleasure to use, and superb sound quality.

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
I used to have the DCD1500AE and always regretted selling it (and the matching amp), but I couldn't possibly make any meaningful comparison between that and the 720AE I have now because too much time has elapsed. All I can tell you is that the DCD720AE is a stunning player and I use it in preference to a Roksan Kandy K2 CDS. The 1510AE would have to be pretty jaw dropping to make the very significant price difference worthwhile IMO. Having said that, if I could afford to I would buy the new PMA1520AE and DCD1520AE in a heartbeat, due to the performance of the amp and the overall feel of a 1500 series set-up. I love Denon kit. Lovely design, a pleasure to use, and superb sound quality.

Thanks for the feedback. The reason i asked is because i can buy a brand new 1510AE with warranty for £570, compared to £240 for the 720AE.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts