Denon AVR 2310 and Sky+ HD - no audio / video

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello - My Sky+ HD is no longer sending audio or video through my Denon receiver, I can bypass the receiver and it works fine (after I powercycle the sky box, doesnt work otherwise) although if I take the cable from the Sky+ box and connect it to my DVD instead, then I get audio and video from the DVD no problem. So basically, there's nothing wrong with my amp / cables / tv etc. I would point out that I never had this problem until today. I'm guessing they have remotely upgraded the firmware and this has caused a compatability problem. Sky technical support dont want to know. Any suggestions welcome - thanks - Colm.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
colmf said:
I'm guessing they have remotely upgraded the firmware and this has caused a compatability problem. Sky technical support dont want to know.

Hello Colm, Unfortunately I have no Sky equipment at all, so I cannot help, but it is really poor customer service that Sky technical support don't want to help, when it all worked yesterday, so it's obviously something that THEY did!

Here's hoping that someone who has Sky sees your thread.

chrisup

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Colm,

I connected the HDMI into the back of the tv and used the optical lead into the receiver as it was the only way to get DD (stereo and 5.1). That way you could watch Sky HD and not wake the kids or partner. When you wanted to hear DD you put the receiver on. You obviously need to assign the optical in your Denon, my Onkyo says "CBL SAT". It is the same process if you want to use a coaxial lead instead of a optical lead.

Best Wishes

Chris

A

Anonymous

Thanks - for the replies, I have logged a call with Denon too and am awaiting a response, I reckon a firwmare upgrade will be required to get this going, I'm hoping this is a "known problem" - it even causes the skybox to misbehave (wont respond to the remote power off button)...

A

Anonymous

:) Hi, sorry for my english, i'had the same problem and i resolve with a switch/splitter gbl hdmi 1in 2out between the dec and the denon.

A

Anonymous

The problem is the hdcp that with the latest software don't recognize the denon. We can wait an upgrade from denon or from sky, but when?

A

Anonymous

The problem is the hdcp that with the latest software don't recognize the denon. We can wait an upgrade from denon or from sky, but when?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts