Mystery of the 4 zone AVR

rooboy

Dec 12, 2022
Visit site
I’m a relative AV novice so stick with me ☺️

Is there such a thing as a 4 zone AVR? Im
pretty sure yamaha used to do them back in the day but i cant find a modern day equivalent.

in terms of my set up im looking at 8 zones all wired with 16AWG speaker cable (yep im old school), 2 cat 6 runs to each room with one behind the tv (8 TVs in total) and the other located elsewhere in the room. Looking at the Anthem MDX16 to power the zones for audio only or a HDanywhere MHUB for a complete AV solution. If i go with the Anthem (cheaper option) i then have 4 essential TV’s (lounge, dining, kitchen, master BR) to get my STB picture to and as a precaution ran fibre active hdmi cables to each of the 4 tv’s. All the runs come back to my utility room. I’m not even going to bore you with the state of my knees after all that crawling around. Put it this way, i have a new found respect for AV technicians! So in theory a 4 zone AVR would let me feed the video to each of the 4 tv’s but for the life of me the max i can find is a 3 zone. Anyone know of a 4 zone AVR that would answer my prayers?

To note: i use the old school sky hd box as opposed to Sky Q. Sky stream is an option but i dont need different channels in each room and sky glass isnt even a consideration, too worried if it fell over it’d crack through the floor, take out the foundations and cause a seismic event at the earths core ☺️ bit to bulky for my liking and i only want to pay one sub. Also hear sky Q has a hdcp block that wont allow distribution to other rooms via an AVR.

Back to the matter at hand… a 4 zone AVR if you can enlighten me?

rooboy

Dec 12, 2022
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response! i did see this thread hence me referencing yamaha in my post but figured the thread is from a while back and things may have moved on since the …

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts