Denon 700 AE or Marantz 6002

A

Anonymous

Heard the Marantz - simply superb amplifier for the price! Havn't heard the Denon, but if it is up to their usual standards it will be a bit dull in comparison. Marantz, I should think, is WAY better.

A

Anonymous

I was talking about cd players not amps... but thanks anyway!

A

Anonymous

The Marantz is a better all 'round player to these ears.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="bojanisimo"]I was talking about cd players not amps... but thanks anyway!
[/quote]

Substitute the usage of amplifier with cd player...just as good as the amp!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I have the Denon you are all talking about but I doubt that you have tried it. I will be honest and say that I have not tried the 6002. However, I have tried the Pioneer PD-D6-J (I owned it for a short while) which is more expensive than both and was very close to beating the Marantz (it's price probably went against it) in the Super Test. I have also demo'd the Rotel 06 with my RS6s. All I can say is that the Denon was as good as the Pioneer, and better built. I would honestly say forget what you have read and try both - Richer Sounds sell both - as do Sevenoaks. I reckon you will go the Denon way.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Gerrardasnails"]I have the Denon you are all talking about but I doubt that you have tried it. I will be honest and say that I have not tried the 6002. However, I have tried the Pioneer PD-D6-J (I owned it for a short while) which is more expensive than both and was very close to beating the Marantz (it's price probably went against it) in the Super Test. I have also demo'd the Rotel 06 with my RS6s. All I can say is that the Denon was as good as the Pioneer, and better built. I would honestly say forget what you have read and try both - Richer Sounds sell both - as do Sevenoaks. I reckon you will go the Denon way.[/quote]

Excuse me, you doubt that I have tried it? I wouldn't have commented if I hadn't. I work in a hifi shop.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Gerrardasnails"]I have the Denon you are all talking about but I doubt that you have tried it. I will be honest and say that I have not tried the 6002. However, I have tried the Pioneer PD-D6-J (I owned it for a short while) which is more expensive than both and was very close to beating the Marantz (it's price probably went against it) in the Super Test. I have also demo'd the Rotel 06 with my RS6s. All I can say is that the Denon was as good as the Pioneer, and better built. I would honestly say forget what you have read and try both - Richer Sounds sell both - as do Sevenoaks. I reckon you will go the Denon way.[/quote]

I've also considered the Pioneer as well. It is fair to say that I'm not quite the Marantz fan 'cause I don't like harsh ending sound (IMHO) which someone might prefer.

Thank you for your answer!
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Wild Willy"]The Marantz is a better all 'round player to these ears.[/quote]

The Marantz strenght, IMHO, is his musicality, his midrange and openness, but I still don't like his heights.
emotion-13.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts