Question is there a Denon PMA-600NE review? Some feedbacks between Denon PMA-600NE and Marantz PM6007 please

Drugo

Jan 14, 2024
Visit site
Hi
I like bands like Camel , Van der Graaf Generator , Yes , Pink Floyd , Black Sabbath , Led Zeppelin ,Radiohead ,almost only rock music and first 5 Metallica albums and 3 Iron Maiden albums , and some bands like Alice in Chains ,Soundgarden ,and other great bands

I have read the review of the Marantz PM6007 on Whathify site but i can't find any review about Denon PMA-600NE
I use my desktop and my dac to play music lame 320k or itunes aac @ 256kb , foobar2000 and musicbee and sometime under mac audirvana , I own a marantz cd player signature and a denon cd player
I have not tried the Marantz PM6007 ,but I have used some old model about '90 and they did sound with less bass and more trebles and less powerfull than denon for my ears

have somebody tried these 2 amps?
I don't care about bluetooth receiver
Might you give me some feedbacks please?
thanks
sorry for me english

Drugo

Jan 14, 2024
Visit site
Without watching the video first (which I will do now), I can almost certainly say that the Denon represents great value paired with a suitable speaker - something like the B&W 606 S2 or 606 S3.
Hi @manicm @gasolin
I like B&W ,Totem and Kef mostly 2 ways skeakers
what's about the Denon build quality and controll quality ?
For what I know Marantz should be a bit better
thanks

manicm

Hi @manicm @gasolin
I like B&W ,Totem and Kef mostly 2 ways skeakers
what's about the Denon build quality and controll quality ?
For what I know Marantz should be a bit better
thanks

Denon quality is fine, nothing wrong with it. You may get a finer finish with Marantz but they charge more too. Marantz is becoming an aspirational band. The PM6007 I'm sure is due for replacement and I'm sure they'll give it the new look.

Drugo

Jan 14, 2024
Visit site
denon has hum, not class leading sound, the 600 is very bass heavy
Hi , do you mean lots of bass?
about the hum it's preset in the Marantz PM6007 , even coaxial and optical cable
do you think Marantz PM6007 more accurate?
thanks
hi
yes and they did a review about Marantz PM6007 , in this forum they gave 5 stars for the other forum it's even worse than the Denon
thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: GroeneLeeuw

matthewpianist

The Denon is an excellent amplifier for the price, with good presence and dynamics. The build is, if anything, better than the Marantz, which has those horrible plastic sides on the front panel, and it certainly has a more timeless look IMO.

The budget amp arena doesn't offer as much choice as it once did, butty view is that the Denon is a safe bet.

Reactions: Al ears and Drugo

Drugo

Jan 14, 2024
Visit site
The Denon is an excellent amplifier for the price, with good presence and dynamics. The build is, if anything, better than the Marantz, which has those horrible plastic sides on the front panel, and it certainly has a more timeless look IMO.

The budget amp arena doesn't offer as much choice as it once did, butty view is that the Denon is a safe bet.
Denon replied it shouldn't have hum, that review unit may have been faulty.
Hi
the only think I don't like about some denon amps is that it's hard to keep the volume low , on some models could be decrease the volume with a "loudness" knob
and the marantz to have a powerfull sound should be increase a lot
thanks
@matthewpianist
I thought marantz was build better
thanks

matthewpianist

Hi
the only think I don't like about some denon amps is that it's hard to keep the volume low , on some models could be decrease the volume with a "loudness" knob
and the marantz to have a powerfull sound should be increase a lot
thanks
@matthewpianist
I thought marantz was build better
thanks
If you look beneath the surface of the two amps you won't find a difference in build quality. The main difference is that the Denon uses a 'frame' transformer, and the Marantz uses a toroid, and this contributes to the different sound characters of the two amps, but contrary to popular belief neither is better than the other.

Don't forget, Marantz and Denon are the same company these days, and there's plenty of parts in common.

Reactions: Drugo

Drugo

Jan 14, 2024
Visit site
I've never found Denon to be especially bassy, and I've owned quite a lot of their kit. It's the brand I keep coming back to because they offer such a well balanced sound across all price-points. As with any electronics, it's dependent on speaker and room matching.
hi
Do you own this model Denon PMA-600NE ?
may I know if you can play low volume with your denon amps? And how can you do it?
in models there is a loudness knob to play music at low volume
ps in the '90-'98 I did not like the denon cdplayer ,not great quality control and build ,much better the marantz quality
thanks

matthewpianist

hi
Do you own this model Denon PMA-600NE ?
may I know if you can play low volume with your denon amps? And how can you do it?
in models there is a loudness knob to play music at low volume
ps in the '90-'98 I did not like the denon cdplayer ,not great quality control and build ,much better the marantz quality
thanks

I have previously owned the PM710AE and my dad had the PM600NE. Both maintained good sound quality at low volume levels, the only slight issue being that the volume adjust with the remote isn't the most precise - it's much easier to finely adjust by turning the volume control manually.

matthewpianist

The Marantz isn't much different in that respect, BTW.

If low-level listening is a big priority, look at the Yamaha A-S501. It's a very capable amplifier, nicely made and not only has a very good volume control but also offers Yamaha's excellent variable loudness control.

Reactions: Drugo

Drugo

Jan 14, 2024
Visit site

If low-level listening is a big priority, look at the Yamaha A-S501. It's a very capable amplifier, nicely made and not only has a very good volume control but also offers Yamaha's excellent variable loudness control.
Hi
i have read some review about it here , but they rated lower than Marantz PM6007 and Denon PMA-600NE
do you like the yamaha better than denon and marantz?
I use to like their yamaha cd player ,seems they have good mechanics
about Marantz i have found more easy increase and lower volume , it should sould at 40 like denon at 8/10 volume knob
thanks

Last edited:

Drugo

Jan 14, 2024
Visit site
yamaha a-s501 isn't less power full than the denon and marantz amp, if thats what your refering to
I know it's the most powerfull compared to denon and marantz
are the knobs in plastic? I read great buld quality but knobs are cheap and in plastic
I know it's more powerfull , but can i know why all of them are rated so badly for example in audio science review or others?

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts