Dear WHFSAV and Clare; speakers group test £2000

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi' i was really hoping you included the Wilson Benesch square two's in your group test.
They were your fav speakers for the past two years and you considered them to be better or equal against the ATC 40's.
I,m just curious what the results would had been if you had them to compare against the Spendor A6 and ATC 40's.
Do you consider them better or you still know the Spendor's is your first choice.
Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Ha Ha...........and your cynicism just gets better (and amusing) Andrew

......try and audition them that is the only way you will know what speakers are best for you.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Not cynical at all - it's just that posting a question and then following up with a 'Well? Well???' not much more than quarter of an hour later is pushing things a bit.

Agreed on the need to audition, but I will ask the review team whether they can post a response to the OP.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well, have talked to the review crew, and we did ask for the Square 2s, but WB was unable to supply the speakers for the test - shortage of review stock.

We will be re-testing the Square Twos ASAP, and updating the online review with any of our findings. For example, WB has made some aesthetic improvements since we looked at our early review sample (eg improved spike design).

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew'
So what does the review crew think,has the square two's lost it's topdog status against something like the Spendor's A6?.

T

the record spot

To echo an earlier poster, wouldn't it be wise to try them out and have a listen? If you like the sound of them...

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
An audition of the Square Two's is a MUST. They are quite a lean sounding speaker, and prefer well recorded material. When I heard them about a year or so ago I thought they sounded fantastic, easily one of the best speakers at this price point for drawing you into the music. The only problem was with Indie type music - grungier, dirtier music that wasn't so well recorded, which let them down, lacking any sort of life and warmth. ATC is similar in the fact that they don't sugar coat things, but they still sound good, even with a below par recording.

TRENDING THREADS