Cyrus reliability and customer service?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

jjbomber

chebby said:
You were screaming for action (and for free compensatory CD5i players and half price vouchers) in the middle of Naim's annual Christmas leave on the 28th December.

I wasn't screamiing. It is physically impossible to scream with your tongue in your cheek.

It seems that, because you have a Naim amp, you take all criticism of Naim personally. I have got 4 Naim amps and I don't. So get over it. Naim have a problem with reliability and it is only fair that it is brought to potential customer's attention. In this area, Naim customer service is non-existant. The sales rep for South Wales simply refuses to call to Audio-t, the local dealers. The service is hopefully better in the rest of the country.

char_lotte

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I have had Cyrus eqiupment for many many years. Original Mono x's and a cd7q . Never had any problems at all.
Lovely professional company to deal with.

amro200

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I have many Cyrus boxes, some bought new and some used and never had issues so far with them, I haven’t had to send any for repairing/servicing but each time i contact Cyrus for enquiries or advice they were very helpful, quickly responding in a very professional manner.

A lot of Cyrus users are happy with the reliability and services and still trading a very old Cyrus equipment fully functioning, you can get good advice in the (Cyrus Unofficial forum).

That being said I find the comparison between Cyrus and Naim sound more like chalk and cheese, both has its own characteristics, to my ears I didn't like the Naim sound and i would choose Cyrus at any given level of price.

you wouln't go wrong with either, but only you can decide after listening.

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I've been slowly building up and upgrading my Cyrus system for a couple of years.

The CDXTSE+ has been great - no problems at all with disc errors etc - very reliable and great sound.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts