Sonos Connect or Bluesound Node 2 with Cyrus 8XPDqx amp and spendor SR5 speakers?

adam c

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I am looking to add either Sonos Connect or Bluesound Node 2 to my two existing Cyrus hi-fi systems and would appreciate you view on which would work better with my set ups? In one room I have a Cyrus 8XPDqx amp which has a good internal DAC (feeding into Spendor SR5 speakers) so would am I correct in thinking that if I went with Bluesound that, as the Bluesound apparently has a good DAC, that would be better than the Cyrus DAC. In the second room I have a Cyrus AV 8 Master with Mission 733 SE speakers and would go for the same set up in that one as in room 1. Not sure if its relevant but my music is on a buffalo NAS and was thinking of subscribing to Spotify as well. thanks

adam c

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for feedback. If you don't think I'll hear much difference between the 2 through my equipment I might as well go for Sonia as it's cheaper. To be honest, I'm not too sure what high res music is like! I have put all my CDs on NAS hard drive on the highest quality the computer would allow and was going to subscribe to Spotify. Not sure whether they are high res. Thanks

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
It would be an idea to confirm what bit-depth and sample rate you've ripped the CDs at. There's no point ripping at any higher than 16-bit, 44.1kHz, as that's CD resolution, anything more is just wasting disk space.

adam c

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
think I'm doing lossless? I set it to whatever was the least compressed version on the itunes website for CDs (show how little i know!).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts