Cyrus 8 Power Amps x2 = worth it or not?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

A bit of advice please. I am thinking of getting a Cyrus CD8X CD player to upgrade from my Discmaster 8.0 and have a 8 Power already. Is it worth getting another 8 Power to run as Mono's or is it not a significant improvement?

Cheers.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Some people like to run them as mono's, but it's also worth trying them in a bi-amp configuration - many people prefer the increase in presentation quality to be preferable to the extra power that monoblocking brings. I would normally recommend going for mono X's which might cost you a little more now, but long term you save, and they won't limit any future speaker upgrades (buying Mono X's a year ago would save a future/current buyer £500 compared to buying them now).

A

Anonymous

Hi David,

Thanks for your advice. Would I be able to just buy one Mono X and run it with the 8 Power (Mono) until I could upgrade to a second Mono X?

Also,

Do you think the CD8X is a good option as against the CD6SE?

Cheers.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I suppose you could.....not heard of anyone do that before! As long as the output gain is the same on both power amps it should be fine. Until you upgrade to your second, you may find a lsightl difference between the two channel in the way of dynamics and openness etc.

The CD6se and the CD8se are both excellent players - both are available a little cheaper at the moment due to the Plus versions being released. An 8se would allow you a PSX-R upgrade at a later date.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts