Creek Evolution 2 Amplifier

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
drummerman said:
lordthistle said:
Thank you Al. What speakers would not make the Creek any better than the NAD? I cannot find much information about the amplifier. 

However: currently I have DALI Zensor 3, very easy to drive. I am planning to purchase Dynaudio Emit M20, which are harder to drive.

Creeks newer designs are quite load tolerant. Examples can be found at HifiNews & RR (PM test bench).

They're often quoted as having a very smooth sound if perhaps a little pedestrian.

I've not heard one but like the idea of modules but they're not cheap! Creeks unpretentious looks also appeal ((that's the products not M Creek)

lordthistle said:
Thank you Al. What speakers would not make the Creek any better than the NAD? I cannot find much information about the amplifier.

However: currently I have DALI Zensor 3, very easy to drive. I am planning to purchase Dynaudio Emit M20, which are harder to drive.

You would have to have some ridiculously inefficient speakers attached to worry the Creek, the Emit M20's will be fine.

lordthistle said:

The Creek won't have any problems driving Dyns, however, I'm not sure if they'll be a good tonal match.

I had MA RS6s with the Creek, so I would look at newer versions of those or Epos (these were designed to work alongside Creek). Focal should work a treat also.

plastic penguin said:
lordthistle said:

The Creek won't have any problems driving Dyns, however, I'm not sure if they'll be a good tonal match.

I had MA RS6s with the Creek, so I would look at newer versions of those or Epos (these were designed to work alongside Creek). Focal should work a treat also.

Although I have not heard those particular Dyns I can only concur with PP. They aren't the best match to a Creek amplifier.

I might add the latest Quad S or even the Z series to his suggestions.

Al ears said:
plastic penguin said:
lordthistle said:

Although I have not heard those particular Dyns I can only concur with PP. They aren't the best match to a Creek amplifier.

I might add the latest Quad S or even the Z series to his suggestions.

I was just erring on the cautious side as regards the Emits. I've not heard the latest Danish versions, but I would always dem the two if unsure.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts