Small floor standing speakers for Creek Evolution 100a?

Machinemessiah

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

After auditioning various integrated amps (including Cyrus, Roksan and Rega) I now have a Creek Evolution 100a on the way. I used Kef Q100s initially as I'm familiar with their sound. I have also used headphones and a pair of B&W 684s2 which the dealer had in stock. I quite liked these but I am wondering what anyone would suggest as alternatives as a good match for the amp and achieve an overall neutral sound? Budget around £1.5k but go a bit higher if needed. I'm also going to use a Nova Fidelity X40 as a front end (fantastic bit of kit).

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Nice choice of amp.

Speakers to consider might be - Kef R 500; Epos K2s; Sonus Faber Toy Tower; Spendor A3/A5R; Kudos X2

SteveR750

ATC SCM11 (new shape). The new tweeter is absolutely fantastic. Ignore the comments about tiring, bright, ruthlessly revealing; what they really mean is ultra accurate. I think the Creek should be up to handling them too without becoming compromised.

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
to the PMC Twenty 23's from the PMC Gb1's (non i version) of course it's very early days and I love the PMC sound. They are forgiving of the room, although perfect for mine, the sound they produce is amazing, rock solid stereo image, fine localised placement of certain instrustments, sit back and the speakers disappear. Check other reviews, I'm useless at describing the way they sound. They can be found, in good nick, ex trade in or ex demo as I stated for a little more than your stated budget. Fanthorpes of Hull do generous trade in discounts (how I got mine) and come recommended. If you can push for Twenty 23's I'd thoroughly recommend them! Check out the reviews on AVforum or the Naim forum pages, glowing reviews all around.

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
will sing even better the further up the food chain of amps you go. I think that amp would work a treat but others would be more qualifed to say for sure.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts