Creek evolution 2 / 50a?

cannibal_ox77

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm a bit confused about these creek amps which seem to both be around the same price point - had short listed the 50a for demo vs arcam a19 but then saw the evolution 2, which on paper has more power and inputs and the ability to use as a power amp in a home cinema setup - but then the 50a has 'av direct' input so is this also the case?

I just couldn't think of another brand that has 2 amps at the same price, and I'm not sure which would sound best. Can anyone help differentiate between the two, or provide any opinion on which is the better sounding amp (no WHF reviews for either on this site).

It will drive RS6's and the source will most likely be audiolab 8200cd, over a wide variety of musical styles

cannibal_ox77

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, if that's the case it makes it easier to decide! I've never looked into Creek until recently and saw some glowing reviews of the 50a, i've just read a lot saying they're one of the better partners for monitor audio speakers.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Not heard the new 50A but if it's as good as the Evo 2 model then it will be a very fine amplifier indeed. Creek have been promising the matching CD player for a year or so now but no sign of it as yet.

If you're into vinyl and don't want a seperate phono stage, then I can recommend the Sequel 40 MM phono card which is a dead simple 5 minute fitting job.

Also, I notice that the 50A has had a recent price hike from £700 up to £750.

cannibal_ox77

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
DIB said:
If you're into vinyl and don't want a seperate phono stage, then I can recommend the Sequel 40 MM phono card which is a dead simple 5 minute fitting job. Also, I notice that the 50A has had a recent price hike from £700 up to £750. .

Good to know. I've got a bit of vinyl that doesn't get played much these days cause i'm not working from home and the mrs spends more time in there, but I'm definitely buying more vinyl in future. Adding a turntable to the system is probably another year away :cry:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts