Connecting amp, TV and SKY HD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a Sony STR-DH800 amp, Jamo A102HCS5, a full HD Samsung TV and SKY HD.

I have connected everything as follows; SKY HD to amp by HDMI and optical cable and then amp to TV by HDMI. This works fine, however I need to switch the amp on every time to view. Is it possible to have SKY HD through the TV without having to switch the amp on every time? and if so, how?

A

Anonymous

Have you tries connecting the HDMI from the Sky box directly into the TV?

LL

A

Anonymous

Yes, but I no longer have picture via the amp for when I want the amp 5:1 in full effect. I certainly don't want to keep unplugging the HDMI from the TV to the amp and vice versa.

Would a HDMI splitter (does it exist) that has a 1 HDMi cable to 2 HDMI work?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
miami1:
Yes, but I no longer have picture via the amp for when I want the amp 5:1 in full effect. I certainly don't want to keep unplugging the HDMI from the TV to the amp and vice versa.

hdmi from screen to amp. The same connection from screen to Sky box. Optical from sky box to amp. You will be able to watch Sky without the amp on and get stereo dound through the hdmi and out of your screen's speakers. Turn on the amp and you will get 5.1 sound, when available, through the optical cable.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:miami1:

hdmi from screen to amp. The same connection from screen to Sky box. Optical from sky box to amp. You will be able to watch Sky without the amp on and get stereo dound through the hdmi and out of your screen's speakers. Turn on the amp and you will get 5.1 sound, when available, through the optical cable.

actually you will only need the one hdmi from screen to Sky and the optical into the amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts