COMPACT FLOORSTANDERS IN THE MOULD AS NEAT MOTIVE 2.....

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Hey guys im looking to shortlist compact floorstanders like Neats Motive 2. Any other suggestions? They must be small and have decent (for size) bass response. Have the what hi fi crew tried these neats with cyrus systems? Price around 700-800. I will also consider used/exdem options. I have been offered Neats motive 2 for 750 and am struggling to find any thing else to demo at this price.

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
What about the PMC GB1? The older versions are going for around 800 pounds?
Do they have that tacky backside which is not veneered?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="SHAXOS"]What about the PMC GB1? The older versions are going for around 800 pounds?
Do they have that tacky backside which is not veneered?[/quote]

Yes, the backs are black. Unless you have your speakers in the middle of the room and often walk around them, I can't see this being an issue though if you like the sound they produce. Personally I don't but I do think they look nice. I'd be looking at the Spendor S5e and S6e on the used market, or even some Proacs such as the Studio 130 - or if you're lucky to find some secondhand, the D15.

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Im reading good stuff on the spendor S5e. Not got a chance for a demo yet. Any one compare them to the Motif 2? Do they delve deeper in terms of bass at all? I also noticed they are more expensive - are they worth the extra dosh?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Cyrus and spendor seem to work if you not a rocker!. PMC FB1+ would give you more bass, Neat sound superb in smaller room and yes, they will work with Cyrus too. I heard a lot of good thing with Budget Totem but never have a chance to listen....YET.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts