Cleaning Vinyl Records

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just bought the Project Debut III and love the sound.

Some of the records we got could do with a good clean others just a brush up,

What do you recommend for cleaning?

John Duncan

And if you doubt it's K-Tel lloks, send me your filthiest records and I'll prove it for you
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

OK, I know I am a bit late with contributing to this thread but I use about 1/4 tech grade IPA (Ebay), 3/4 distilled water (Halfords) and Ilfoto wetting agent (Jessops). Various recipes on internet. This is for vinyl not shellac. Blow off as much dust as possible. Lay record on a microfibre cloth. Dribble brew on record and gentle follow the grooves with a microfibre pad (any poundshop) first in one direction then the other- let brew do the work not the pads. Then - look away now if you are of a nervous disposition- wrap a nice soft microfibre cloth (with a loose weave) around the T-shaped nozzle of a Dyson and gently hoover up the liquid (it seems to evaporate very quickly - the Dyson is still working). Flip over and do the other side and put in a nice cleaner inner. It sounds harsh but I have salvaged some very dirty records (with mold on) this way. I have also tried it on pristine records - with no noticible damage. It will not unfortunately take out scratches or damage done by bad needles. If in doubt try it out on an old Barry Manilow record first.

A

Anonymous

I second the knosti.

Blew my mind listening to my vinyl after cleaning.

Order from germany it's cheaper. £38 including postage.

Kel.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JohnDuncan"]Wish I was on commission.......[/quote]

Indeed you should be. Your recommendation swung it for me too. The machine, as well as actually making a vast improvement to most discs, also adds another cherished ritual to the whole vinyl experience. Sad but true.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
Have a look here for a list of places offering a record cleaning service.
[/quote]

Great service in Overture - Banbury! Bought my stuff from there and Technosound in MK - great Naim dealers for you fans out there too!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts