Chord Carnival vs QED Silver Anniversary XT

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All, I've queried various cables here before but just found the right forum for this question; How does Chord Carnival Biwire rate against QED Silver Anniversary XT? If you've noted the other posts you'll know that I've found QED to be way overpriced in Australia. Chord Carnival however appears to be better value. Going between a Denon AVR4306 and Monitor Audio RS6's.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi Damien,

Well we think QED Silver Anniversary XT is the better cable of the two on a UK-based performance-per-pound basis, However, the Chord Carnival cable is also an excellent option, and if you can buy it for significantly less than the QED, I'd go for it.

We sometimes have to change test wins and even star ratings based on big price differences in regions where we have overseas editions (we're working on Australia!) - as our rating system is ultimately based on value-for-money, we just want to make sure everyone's getting the best their money can buy.

A

Anonymous

Back again - any idea how Van Den Hul's CS122 compares to the QED & Chord Rumour? Seems to be more reasonable on the pocket here (A$30/m - 2 core) along with Chords stuff - more on a par with UK prices.
QED's distributor have lost the plot completely, I was quoted A$45/m today for Silver Anniversary Biwire - about 20 quid a metre in UK dough. Almost up there with the A$3,100 I got quoted for a Cyrus CD8x.
Price gauging is alive and well in Australian HiFi!

A

Anonymous

Damien - I agree with you on the QED Prices in Australia. I ordered mine from one of the UK Online stores. It worked out alot cheaper. The cables were delivered in 8 days (Including weekend and a Public Holiday).

Clare - Did I read correctly? There will be an Australian edition?! I can't wait!

A

Anonymous

Hey Conway - where did you order them from? and did you get them terminated with airloc plugs? happy?

A

Anonymous

Damien

I didn't get speaker cables. I got QED Qunex HDMI-P, Digital Optical and Subwoofer Cables. I was going to get Silver Anniv.speaker cables also but I thought I see how they go with this order first. Plus the 3 cables I got was already alot of money. I decided I'll get the speaker cables later if my first order is ok.

I got them from hificables.co.uk. I did see them cheaper at other online UK stores, but this place was recommended to be by another Aussie. So I thought it is best to go with one who you know is reliable.

I am happy with them, the order was here in 5 working days. I have ordered things locally that take longer then that!

A

Anonymous

Thanks Conway - good to hear as it was the same company I'd looked at too. I'm also thinking of ordering phono ic's and a digital cable first too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts