Blue jeans canare 4S11 over Qed silver anniversary xt?

gasolin

I have to ask again about speaker cable, i have this supra ply cable, it's fine,very neutral, but i feel it lacks a bit of detail in the highs and a tighter bass, after i upgraded to supra digital interconnects (dac in my amp) i found the sound to be slightly brighter and less bass but not much (most noticeable in the bass). I don't like a bright sound with a boomy bass

I have some money left from when i returned a TT because of hum,groundloop and desided to use it for something else instead of getting the money back, the cable i could get for the rest i have left is Qed Silver anniversary xt, but it's a bit hard to terminate (need 2x4meters), can sound bright and whathifi say it can sound a tad lean.

When i seached i found someone who said blue jeans canare 4S11 is better both in sound and price then the qed silver anniversary xt, looked at the cable and i was suprised by the low price, they don't make more expensive speaker cable so the canare 4S11 is the top of the line speaker cable from blue jeans http://www.bluejeanscable.co.uk/store/speaker/index.htm

Is the Blue jeans canare 4S11 something you would recommend over the Qed silver anniversary xt?

HifiNewsPly34.jpg

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
i would not bother speaker cable is speaker cable i would not spend anymore then £5- 6 a meter . this is not your issue here its your speakers that are the issue move away from budget then you will get what your after

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
I find the article you printed amusing/rediculous quite frankly. If all those attributes can be fairly attached to this wire then the laws of physics have changed since my Uni days. I'll butt-out now but good luck.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
gasolin said:
chebby said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
i would not bother speaker cable is speaker cable i would not spend anymore then £5- 6 a meter.

For me it's Van Damme UP-LC-OFC 2x4mm2 loudspeaker cable. Superb stuff.

(It is £6.28 per metre. Is that ok Blacksabbath25?)

Which van damme cable does apple road studio's use?

Twin core. Throwaway stuff. Gives me the pip.

TRENDING THREADS