QED Silver Anniversay (original) vs Chord Co Silver Carnival

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Had my system for about 6 weeks now and have been using the Chord cables, however many years ago I had a 63/66 ki sig/601 combo and sold it (regrettably) however I kept the QED Silver cables.

I have just been tweaking and setting up my speakers..... I thought I would try the QED Silver cable......WOW.....why did I wastemy money on the Chord Silver Carnival? My set up sounds to me as good as my old ki sig combo.

Bass is tauter and more authoritve, trebles have more clarity and vocals just seem more apparent, it all sounds less muddled now!

I bought the Chord cable on all the awards it's won, but in all honesty the QED sounds so much better to me!

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I think it all depends on the system, I'm guessing your system needed some livening up. Having heard bothe the cables I couldn't prioritise one over the other in terms of detail. I think where they differ is in their sound signature, the chord has a smoother character and punchier mids which helps in a bright system, the QED has a bit more bite to the treble and bass which makes it sound more exciting. Both fine cables, glad to hear your satified with your system and thank you for sharing.

Best regards,

Shafin

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts