Can I connect a bathroom TV to external speakers?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys, having a nightmare - the tv has three phono's, HDMI and a couple of other leads - No headphone sockets and I have been trying to connect a phono to audio Y lead to a set of external speakers. It done not work. My TV settings do not have an "external speaker" setting. What options do I have? Do I need to run the tv (via phono's) to an amp and then to external speakers? All a nightmare as bathroom has been tiled! Thanks

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
daveh75 said:
laserman16 said:
Wouldn't have thought a bathroom was a very safe place to have a TV to be honest.
It's fine if it's a bathroom TV. They're completely waterproof and usually have a long umbilical cord for source/power connections.

Perhaps the OP could enlighten us on the type of TV they have in mind.

laserman16 said:
daveh75 said:
laserman16 said:
Wouldn't have thought a bathroom was a very safe place to have a TV to be honest.
It's fine if it's a bathroom TV. They're completely waterproof and usually have a long umbilical cord for source/power connections.

The OP already has the TV. He/she just needs advice on connecting it to external speakers.

You'll need an amp to run the speakers. The best option is to go for active speakers as they have built-in amp.

daveh75

bigboss said:
laserman16 said:
daveh75 said:
laserman16 said:

The OP already has the TV. He/she just needs advice on connecting it to external speakers. You'll need an amp to run the speakers. The best option is to go for active speakers as they have built-in amp.

Assuming it has audio outputs...It may not. Could really do with knowing the make/model of TV.

Active speakers probably aren't a good idea in a bathroom.

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
It has to be, no 'normal' person would have a tv in a bathroom .......... would they ? and WHY would they ?
smiley-laughing.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts