Question 32" TV with external power supply

lonant76

Jan 6, 2023
Visit site
I am looking to put a 32" TV into my motorhome, and therefore connect to the 12V supply. I am happy to use a voltage converter taking it from 12V to 19V, or whatver the appropriate voltage is, but less happy using an inverter, which seems a bit of a power drain.
I know there are many 12V camping TVs, but honestly the quality of these tends not to be very good, especially for the price.
I had considered Monitors, as these tend to come with external power, especially some nice LG ones, however since I also wish to use a soundbar, I need an HDMI Arc, which these seem not to have, unless I am mistaken?
So, does anyone know a reasonable 32" tv, which still has its power supply on the external lead, rather than internal to the TV?
Thanks....

lonant76

Jan 6, 2023
Visit site
Are you sure you can't stretch to a 32" Avtex? With both 12 and 240 capability, I used them over a couple of decades and with a soundbar couldn't fault them.
Thanks, I appreciate the advice. I am thinking that will be the only solution, just was thinking the picture wouldnt be as good as something more standard! And of course they seem quite expensive for what you get.

lonant76

Jan 6, 2023
Visit site
I just went round curry’s and looked at the backs of the TVs. There were many that were 12VDC input.
Thanks, I looked around MediaMarkt, as am not in the UK and didnt see any with the 12V inputs. We at least not the 32" ones. Did you notice any makes / models specifically? I am looking on the Currys website, and the Sonys and LGs are all 240.

nads

Thanks, I looked around MediaMarkt, as am not in the UK and didnt see any with the 12V inputs. We at least not the 32" ones. Did you notice any makes / models specifically? I am looking on the Currys website, and the Sonys and LGs are all 240.
Ahh I acually got mine for Conrad in Mainz. But I would still look at them in MM when buy music and films. I miss that the selection in the UK is not there it is all online.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts