cambridge audio studio referance audio interconnects review[:)]

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
just received a pair of these in the post, courtesy of a friendly fellow irish forum member[Y], first impressions, wow they exude class, they are much heavier than my poverty spec ones and are beautifully made, very classy, im going to test them now, im very open minded apart from the fact that they look so good i want them to sound great[^o)]..

my initial thoughts are imminent [:p]

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
maxflinn:
im very open minded apart from the fact that they look so good i want them to sound great
emotion-40.gif

my initial thoughts are imminent
emotion-4.gif

Its never wise to test cables 'expecting' them to sound great

A

Anonymous

aliEnRIK:maxflinn:
im very open minded apart from the fact that they look so good i want them to sound great
emotion-40.gif

my initial thoughts are imminent
emotion-4.gif

Its never wise to test cables 'expecting' them to sound great

wanting and expecting are two different things
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

well, so far i think i have noticed some differences, at the start of an eagles track that i often listen to the cymbals always appeared to come from my right sided speaker, but now they sound like they are in the centre, and after switching to the CA, while keeping the volume level the same, it also sounded quieter..

im loving the overall sound though, having a beer, just enjoying the music, i could easily say it sounds better, but id be lying, i dont believe it does, it doesnt sound much different either as far as i can tell, so far..

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
maxflinn:cymbals always appeared to come from my right sided speaker, but now they sound like they are in the centre

maxflinn:while keeping the volume level the same, it also sounded quieter..

maxflinn:it doesnt sound much different either as far as i can
tell, so far..

Open another one, maxsh...

A

Anonymous

as i said andrew, apart from the two differences previously mentioned, it doesnt sound much different, im going to stick on billy idol now, see if he sounds different, better, awesome, in a whole other ball park, or just the same
emotion-15.gif

ps.. i cant open another one, ive drank the 6 bottles of corona that i had, though im now suitably optimised for audible differences
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

maxflinn:
the cymbals always appeared to come from my right sided speaker, but now they sound like they are in the centre

Don't both speakers have a right side?

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:You really don't want to get on the wrong side of some speakers.

I was lucky enough to be on the right side of one of my floorstanders yesterday when I managed to knock the speaker off the granite chopping board when plugging in my new Sony player. I thought there was plenty of space for me to lie between the speaker and my glass tv stand to plugin all the cables into my amp/player without moving the speaker out of the way first.

Well there was enough room until I moved and knocked the speaker over, ended up at 45degrees against the side wall. There is now a nice dent in the plasterboard with a bit of impact damage, nothing a small mount of filler won't fix though. Lucky for me I was on the right side otherwise my head might of recieved the blow instead, or it could have crashed through my tv rack and caused alot more damage
emotion-8.gif

Not a mark on my speaker though which is suprising.

A

Anonymous

shafesk:A certain post in this forum refers to shaking your cables to get a better sound...do you want to give that a go?na, i dont believe in hocus pocus, my hifi sounds great anyway, it should, it cost e1500..

TRENDING THREADS