bookshelf speaker stands

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
the cheapest stands i can see are about £50 for example the gale ones or soundstyle z1.

is there any other ways of supporting speakers without spending £50?

do these stands make much of an improvement over say, a shelf?

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
If you read this month's "The Big Question" in the magazine, they conclude that speaker stands are essential to tightening up the sound. The Soundstyle's are well reviewed with 5 stars. Can you not try and audition them at home to see if they make a difference to you?

A

Anonymous

olneyben:

do these stands make much of an improvement over say, a shelf?

other thing because stands make an improvement over shelf is a free space around a speakers which helps for stereo soundstage.

A

Anonymous

i can understand about improved soundstage and tightening up the sound.

would you go for floorstanders or bookshelfs and stands?

some bookshelfs i've seen look rather small in the shop (richer sounds), and i wonder if they can actually create a spacious sound due to this, where as floorstanders look like they would do this well.

A

Anonymous

Olney what is your budget?

if you have enough get these

https://www.forumhifivisual.co.uk/Speakers/Floorstanding/ACOUSTIC_ENERGY_NEO_THREE_NEO_3_NEO3_FLOOR_STANDING_SPEAKER_1555.html

They have weight, bass, and spacious sound in abundance

They are in my opinion exactly what you are looking for and at this price and new, a bargain

A

Anonymous

yes, they can, speaker's size is not so important for spacious sound, floorstanders will give an extended bass frequencies. For the same money, you often can get a better quality standmount speakers then floorstanders, but then again - you still need a stands.

If it is difficult to choose - you always can keep stands for next speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts