Bluray Sound Problems

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi can anyone help, I bought a Samsung BD-P1500 last week and have it connected to my Panasonic TX-37LZD70 TV with a Monster 750hd HDMI cable.

The problem I've been experiencing is intermittent sound loss 2 to 3 times per bluray disc lasting from between 1 to 3 seconds each time, tried 6 discs so far and it's happened to all of them, standard DVD's are fine.

I've been in touch with Samsung and they've not heard of the problem but are sending me the latest firmware update disc, so hopefully this will cure the problem? 

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Sounds like a problem with the internal decoding of Blu-ray audio on the Samsung, which is downconverting the audio to a form the TV can handle. The fact that it doesn't happen with DVDs suggests this is the stage of the chain where it's happening, rather than in the output from the player, the cable or the TV.

The glitches may be causing the TV;'s digital to analogue decoding to unlock from the audio signal momentarily, which would cause the problem you describe. Does it always happed at the same point in the movie?

The firmware may resolve it if in fact it's a known problem, but the comment from Samsung suggests it isn't.

What sound format are you setting the Samsung to output over the HDMI? Let me know and I'll do some reading of manuals and see whether I can work out what the problem is, and whether/how you can avoid it.

A

Anonymous

Hi Andrew,

Samsung is set to Digital output - PCM, PCM down converting - ON and Dynamic compression - ON, the sound drop outs happen in different locations when replaying the disc. Last disc I played was lost season 4 BD, will changing disc audio from 5.1 to uncompressed make a difference?

Thanks for your Help.ÿ

ÿ

ÿ

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
AC Milan:
Hi Andrew,

Samsung is set to Digital output - PCM, PCM down converting - ON and Dynamic compression - ON, the sound drop outs happen in different locations when replaying the disc. Last disc I played was lost season 4 BD, will changing disc audio from 5.1 to uncompressed make a difference?

Thanks for your Help

No, but if you're only running into your TV, and not using an external surround system, switching the player to downmix to stereo and sticking to the standard DD soundtrack on Blu-ray Disc movies, not the HD versions, should avoid the problems.

A

Anonymous

Hi Andrew

I've had a look at changing the audio output to Stereo only but the options other than PCM on the player are Bitstream (Re-encode) or Bitstream (Audiophile). Am I doing something wrong?ÿ

A

Anonymous

Might my problem be my HDMI cable?, as I understand it category 1 must be rated upto 4.46gbps and category 2 must be rated upto 10.2gpbs, my cable is rated at 4.95Gpbs which is just about Cat. 2 and Samsung recommend a Cat. 2 cable, would investing in a 10.2Gpbs cable be the answer?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts