Blue Ray Sound Lag

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I have a blue ray player (sony BD35) connected via HDMI to my TV (Sony V series) and via optical cable to my AV amp (Yahama DSP A5).

When watching Blue Ray I get sound lag between the picture and the sound as the AV amp (I assume) is processing the sound which adds milli seconds delay to the sound and makes the film appear like a oriental ku-fu movies badly dumbed !!!

Can anyone suggest any solutions that does not involve buying an new amp and maintaining digital surround sound ??

Many thanks

Mike

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
There should be an audio delay option on the amp somwhere, adjust this to syncronise the lip movement / sound. Sorry cant be more specific but dont know Yamahas.

A

Anonymous

thanks but the sound is already delayed too much ....the video needs slowing down !! or audio speeding up ....

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
when you're sending sound and picture separately, this sometimes happens. Any Sync button isn't going to work, because your amp has nothing to sync too - it has no idea when the tv gets the picture. If you know exactly how long the delay is, your amp may let you sort this out manually, but that's never going to be 100%.

I used to get this sometimes on my old system (pioneer amp, sony dvd player and sony CRT) when sending picture by scart and sound via optical. I bought a digital coaxial (and it was better, but no science to back up why that should be), but the thing I found most effective was when I stopped the disc and resumed - it auto-fixed itself.

Messiah

Cormorin:thanks but the sound is already delayed too much ....the video needs slowing down !! or audio speeding up ....

So do you mean you have already adjusted the delay??

Messiah

I think that the original post does explain that the BD player is connected to the TV via HDMI and the BD player is connected via Optical to the amp.

There is a setting on the player to delay the sound but not the video..........strange

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
it's a pre-HD audio amp, so to get HD image and DD sound he's sending the picture direct to the screen...Presumably if there is a "lag" switching in the amp, it can only delay it more, rather than speed up the processing? Does the BD player have a syncing function - have you checked the manual for common issues/problems?

A

Anonymous

i will try stopping and starting the film to see if that works.

the system does not have a coaxial output on the Blue Ray player and the system is connected AV to Blue Ray using optical and TV to Blue Ray using HDMI

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts