Sound but no picture from Sony STR-DN840

flashollie

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi All

I appear to have a fault with my 2 year old Sony STR-DN840 amp.

Switched it on last night and no picture. I have Blue Ray player and you view box going in this, then coming out via the TV out ARC HDMI to the TV. This is a Panasonic with ARC HDMI input. I can get sound through the speakers from both the BD and you view box but no picutres. I have checked all connections and tried new cables no luck.

If I go striaght from the BD to the ARC HDMI scoket on the TV all works fine. If I go from the amps ARC HDMI to another HDMI on the telly I get nothing

To my mind I appear to have lost the video element of the output from the ARC HDMI.

Is there anything else I can try? I'll be pretty miffed if I have to replace the amp!

All advice welcome.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I can't really help I'm afraid, but it sounds like something quite simple, so just check your connections and settings on the receiver again.

If it is the receiver, then contact the retailer, as it should still be in warranty, and if it isn't, then they really should sort it out for you. I'm sure you don't need to buy a new receiver.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Try googling to see if others have had the same problem. I did and found this, but got a bit bored reading through it, so you'll have to try yourself. *smile*

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/1490262-sony-str-dn840-issues.html

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts