Sony blu ray BDP s790

near dark

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

i have the above blu ray player ,a Yamaha av amp and a Samsung smart tv

When the blu ray is connected via the Sony hdmi 1 output to the av amp,I have HD Dts & HD DD, plus a picture

when I connect the second hdmi out of the Sony direct to the Samsung hdmi socket ,I have PCM sound from the av amp,and sound and picture on the TV (different hdmi channel)

i bought the Sony because of the two hdmi outs . The idea was ,if I didn't require surround sound,the amp could remain off,and just use the TV for sound and picture

any ideas what's gone wrong ,thanks

So what's the problem? Are you wanting to know why you're not getting DD HD & DTS HD through TV speakers? Can you really appreciate the difference on TV speakers? PCM is uncompressed audio as well, and equally as good as DTS / DD.

near dark

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

I bought this blu ray for two reasons . First ,it was product of the year,second ,it had two HDMI outs.

I was informed when I bought the player from Richer Sounds ,I could output both video & audio from both outs at the same time . I wouldn't do this ,I just wanted the option.

During the day ,I would use the amp and have video with HD sound ,in the evening I would use the TV speakers

I am aware the sound would be different via the TV,

You say PCM is just as good as HD DTS,I would sooner see HD DTS shown on the amp,instead of PCM

I really hope it's just an issue of connectivity ,not being supplied wrong information .

thanks again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts