No sound from Onkyo 905 amp when connected to Panasonic blu-ray BDT 500 and VT50 Panasonic TV

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can anyone help at all with this issue which is very frustrating! I recently bought a new tv (TX p55 VT50) and Panasonic blu- ray player - the BDT 500. I bought the player as I have a non 3d amp and the blu ray has twin HDMI - so therefore one hdmi (HDMI AV OUT MAIN) to the TV and sound to the amp with the sub hdmi port. For some reason I cannot get any sound via the amp - this is despite the fact I've tried the following: 1. In blu ray settings are set to V.Off 2. On my onkyo amp I've looked at the cec hdmi (I think this is what it's known as) and disabled all controls (the heading on the menu is called HDMI audio)...

Whats really bad is that for some reason it suddenly all worked last night and then didn't - I don't know what I did! And finally... On my tv there are several hdmi inputs - there is one with the words ARC under it - I have no kit connected to this one although I tied the blu ray player to no effect. Any help gratefully received as I don't really want to have to go and buy interconnects for my plan b!

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
I had a problem with some discs with my 905 and Panasonic BDT310. What are you trying to watch? Have you tried switching on the settings that you've switched off? Sometimes switching on the amp first and then the other components helped.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the suggestion although I've tried all of those things. Just makes it worse that it worked then didn't! Even tried turning off viera link etc....

cwalduck

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Check the audio select button at the bottom of the remote this toggles through analog, digital, HDMI, or
multichannel.

Should be HDMI

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts