Big thanks to Rick@musicraft

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Rick@musicraft

I would like to thank you for your help and advice yesterday concerning what amp I should get to go with my Arcam FMJ CD17.

As much I loved the Arcam it did not fit into my system the sound and detail levels are excellent but lacked the mid range I wanted.

I took it back to Seven oaks and Jason the sales man was very understanding. (Excellent customer service)

He allowed me to demo a Rega Apollo with a Arcam FMJ A18 on a pair of Monitor Audio RX6's. While listerning to be honest it was an improvement so I bought it.

When I took it home and set it up I got a pleasent shock (not from the electric mind you). The Rega Apollo sounded even better at home than in the demo room. Bungs are out the RS6's and low level listerning is back again.

The Arcam FMJ CD17 is a formidable player for the money but did not fit into my hifi.

So once more thanks for your time. Buying a new amp is now of the agenda.

To me if the Arcam had the same mid range as the Rega with the detail it delivers it would be one hell of a player.

Kind regards and all the best.

Gtncj.

A

Anonymous

Now all you need to do is update your profile. Any reason you didn't get the Rega Dac instead of the Apollo?

Gtncj said:
Hi Rick@musicraft

I would like to thank you for your help and advice yesterday concerning what amp I should get to go with my Arcam FMJ CD17.

As much I loved the Arcam it did not fit into my system the sound and detail levels are excellent but lacked the mid range I wanted.

I took it back to Seven oaks and Jason the sales man was very understanding. (Excellent customer service)

He allowed me to demo a Rega Apollo with a Arcam FMJ A18 on a pair of Monitor Audio RX6's. While listerning to be honest it was an improvement so I bought it.

When I took it home and set it up I got a pleasent shock (not from the electric mind you). The Rega Apollo sounded even better at home than in the demo room. Bungs are out the RS6's and low level listerning is back again.

The Arcam FMJ CD17 is a formidable player for the money but did not fit into my hifi.

So once more thanks for your time. Buying a new amp is now of the agenda.

To me if the Arcam had the same mid range as the Rega with the detail it delivers it would be one hell of a player.

Kind regards and all the best.

Gtncj.

Hi Gtncj

Your welcome and i hope you enjoy the performance of the Rega cd player for many years to come :)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Hi MoData

Only because I prefer playing CD's

Kind regards

Gtncj.

A

Anonymous

Hi Rick@musicraft

Thanks so do I. What do you think of me replacing my RS6's for B&W 684's or Monitor Audio RX6's

Kind regards

Gtncj.

Hi Gtncj

Unless you're not satisified with the performance of the Silver RS6's or the system as a whole then i'll recommend you should hold station and enjoy the performance of your new Rega cd player for a while. Although speakers such as the Silver RX6's are better then the Silver RS6's however the Silver RS6's still have greater performance potential left which you can unlock later on by changing the amplifier in the first instance :)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts