Big Lcd Screen Problems

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Evening Folks ( Apoligies firstly If i have put this in the wrong Section ) But Here Goes Looking For some advise really

Have Upgraded My Current Lcd To Full Hd 1080p Today

And Decided to pass on my Original set to the inlaws got the thing set up and ready to tune in to the freeview service built into the

Unit when this appeared on the screen

can anyone on here be able to advise me if this Beyond ( Econimical ? ) Repair ?

Have called couple a couple of Repair centres today Looking like anything from 200 Pds upwards t replace the full display ?

Pics2008-2009132.jpg

Pics2008-2009131.jpg

Thanks in advance

Rgds Colin

A

Anonymous

Was My Original Unit I have Had For About 3-3-1/2 Years We decided after the new one was fitted and running

We would use the packaging to keep is secure not sure if this has been damaged when this has been Done, i feel i have always

Been careful handling it when removing it to and from the wall barcket for replacing cables Or Decorating Pretty Gutted tbh

As to me i had no other problems with it and was a good Lcd Tv.

matthewpiano

Its a decent TV (I've got the 32" version of the same set), but if the price starts drifting up too much (and I'd guess at around £400-£500 for a replacement screen from an authorised repair agent) its going to start looking very expensive when it is left behind by even the entry-level set in Sony's current range (its direct replacement, the S5500).

Personally I'd write it off.

A

Anonymous

Is it covered under accidental damage on your home insurance?

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
HI,

Looks like it's been damaged in transit or if that point of impact in the corner is in front of a mounting point, I'd suspect over tightening of the mount.

Like Genfish, I'd check home insuance policy as it may be covered under accidental damage.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

A

Anonymous

this tv is not repairable, happened to my old samsung lcd, insured by currys they wrote it off.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts