Biamp whit integrated apmlifier + amplifier

aliguzman

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello my friends

I need some help, I have a Kef Q300 and a Cambridge Audio Azur 650A (Integrated Amplifier). I wanto buy a Parasound Z amp V3 to biamp the Q300 conecting the low fequencies to the azur and the high frequencies to the Z amp V3.

It´s possible ?

with this I can have a better sound?

How I can do this?

Can you suggest me an other option?

Thanks and sorry for the bad english :p !!!!

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
It's not recommended to use two different manufacturers amps when bi-amping as they're unlikely to be gain matched (volume of both amps increasing at exactly the same rate as you turn the volume knob) and they're probably going to have different sonic signatures.

Much better would be getting a C.A 650 power amp..... If they made one that is.

You could use the C.A amp purely as a pre-amp (no speakers connected to it) and just run the speakers from the Parasound, but you won't be bi-amping.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
Big Chris said:
It's not recommended to use two different manufacturers amps when bi-amping as they're unlikely to be gain matched (volume of both amps increasing at exactly the same rate as you turn the volume knob) and they're probably going to have different sonic signatures. Much better would be getting a C.A 650 power amp..... If they made one that is. You could use the C.A amp purely as a pre-amp (no speakers connected to it) and just run the speakers from the Parasound, but you won't be bi-amping.

+1 For the above. You would also be best advised to simply get a more capable integrated amplifier rather than bi-amp.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Personally, I don't think bi-amplification is the best solution. Tweeters use relatively little current/voltage so the benefits are doubtful. Best spend the money on a better integrated as suggested or go down the road of mono blocks where some real advantages are to be gained.

regards

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts